Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02 Vx executive

Ls go brandern

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore v6
Hey guys in nz I just purchased a 02 vx executive for a steal .It has the ls1 and 6 speed manual .I thought this combo was not the case with the base model wind up windows ect but it says on the reg it’s factory is this right ? I was under the impression that this motor and box were put in at some stage in its life and that only the ss had the v8 manual. Also it’s red but under the bonnet there’s evidence of bright yellow as the original colour and From further invesigation the original owner was a business and all fleet bright yellow. Is it possible this car was originally yellow when purchased in 02 surely not a popular colour from factory? Could it have been purchased new with v8 manual and colour yellow ? Seems bit odd

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Decode your VIN and ID tags

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
v8 and manual was an option as were power windows
you will probably find prewired for front power windows as front and all were separate options

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Just to expand on lout's post, from wikipedia:

VX Commodore Executive
The entry-level Executive was a popular choice amongst fleet buyers, and offered standard features such as anti-lock brakes, a driver's air bag, trip computer, and central locking. Along with all other variants, steering wheel audio controls, a CD player, and an electrically retracting power antenna were now standard. The naturally aspirated 3.8-litre Ecotec V6 came standard on the Executive, with the option of the Supercharged Ecotec V6 or Gen III V8 engine. V6 engines were coupled to a five-speed manual transmission, and V8s came with a six-speed manual. A four-speed automatic transmission was available as an optional extra, regardless of the engine choice.

Ls go brandern

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore v6
Thanks guys so Took it to local Holden dealer and Decoded vin ect was original v8 manual leather option and paint code was for a yellow devil colour. Mechanic said it was pretty rare combo suggested if I respray in future to go back to original colour also noted whoever resprayed it red was an absolute idiot . I like the wind up windows one less thing to crap out on me my vt always had window switch issues

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yeah weird colour most I've seen were white & few blue ones...most were manual.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Interesting. I wanted to buy a Devil Yellow (paint code D153) Commodore when they were new (VX) dealer said no can do.
Then I saw one or two but they were all S paks.
Waited until 2002 and got mine 2nd hand.
Yeah, a factory Devil Yellow V8 manual would be worth a bit now!

Reactions: Lex