Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02 VX HSV Clubsport - S2

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
Few shots from the Nats Trip

YGtsgyJ.jpg

1G7KhdH.jpg

EMqw8qA.jpg

Z6gtgSL.jpg

nRmHgNK.jpg

eZguSbz.jpg

7cpZkEr.jpg

2022 Nats
4BNERSR.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Needed to dwell on the monitor a bit longer.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
If, or when, you want to talk about traction control, I highly recommend RaceTCS, extremely good value for money and the support is excellent

My 500hp VX SS auto (built 4l60e, little cam, exhaust with 3.46 in the rear ) with a HTV2300 on 7 psi (85mm pulley) got a 3.9 second 0-100 on 255/40 17 Hankook RS4's with the RaceTCS

Prior to installing the RaceTCS traction on street tyres was near non existent past 20-30% throttle

Now, it scares off most things on the road from the dig, basically you floor it and it takes of with only minimal loss of traction, in the dry, and in the wet

https://www.racetcs.com/

If you scroll down the RaceTCS home page you can see my red beastie

Don't they look, and sound great
20210428_131128.thumb.jpg.3342bc8e71cdda9e0c96ec8193ea9ef6.jpg

Welcome to the world of instant PD power

Last edited:

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
If, or when, you want to talk about traction control, I highly recommend RaceTCS, extremely good value for money and the support is excellent

My 500hp VX SS auto (built 4l60e, little cam, exhaust with 3.46 in the rear ) with a HTV2300 on 7 psi (85mm pulley) got a 3.9 second 0-100 on 255/40 17 Hankook RS4's with the RaceTCS

Prior to installing the RaceTCS traction on street tyres was near non existent past 20-30% throttle

Now, it scares off most things on the road from the dig, basically you floor it and it takes of with only minimal loss of traction, in the dry, and in the wet

https://www.racetcs.com/

If you scroll down the RaceTCS home page you can see my red beastie

Don't they look, and sound great
View attachment 263718

Welcome to the world of instant PD power
One of the things I missed the most was the traction control when I went from the VZ R8 to the VX. The VX TC is rubbish.

Might take a look down the track. I need to figure out what to do with the gearbox first. Either convert to manual or manualised 4L80. Just being gentle with it at the moment.

Last edited:

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
One of the things I missed the most was the traction control when I went from the VZ R8 to the VX. The VX TC is rubbish.

Might take a look down the track. I need to figure out what to do with the gearbox first. Either convert to manual or manualised 4L80. Just being gentle with it at the moment.
Yeah, my Craigs built 4l60e with all the bells and whistles, and a big cooler, is around its comfortable limit at my current power, but, it has survived alot of abuse and hard launches at the drags

Craigs rate their fully built 4l60e's to 600hp at the engine

The 4l60e's have a rubbish slippy tune standard (getting the transmission tuned correctly is paramount for its longevity)

They don't like heat (they need a cooler even after getting the transmission tuned)

They don't like high RPM or time on the limiter (luckily with a PD you don't need to rev it hard to make power, as it is always there straight off idle)

They don't like when you mash the loud pedal when your cruising in top gear (if I want to hit it I drop it to 3rd then give it the beans....... mine loves that 5hit)

As for auto vs manual, me, I prefer a slush box in a powerful street car but a manual in a track car

But all options that can cope with all the torque you are putting out have a significant price tag

If I didn't use mine for Hwy cruising and long trips away on weekends I would drop a built T400 in and never worry about the transmission again, but, whilst the T400 is a tried and tested nugget, the lack of overdrive/lockup can be a hassle if you do alot of Hwy kilometres

For a manual, the T56 Magnum's were I would look for any form of longevity, and I would pity any clutch inbetween the flywheel and gear bag

As for a "normal" T56, from others I know running them, they don't like anywhere near the amount of torque that a Magnum can handle

I would chat with a "good" performance transmission shop for options to hold your power

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
Yeah, my Craigs built 4l60e with all the bells and whistles, and a big cooler, is around its comfortable limit at my current power, but, it has survived alot of abuse and hard launches at the drags

Craigs rate their fully built 4l60e's to 600hp at the engine

The 4l60e's have a rubbish slippy tune standard (getting the transmission tuned correctly is paramount for its longevity)

They don't like heat (they need a cooler even after getting the transmission tuned)

They don't like high RPM or time on the limiter (luckily with a PD you don't need to rev it hard to make power, as it is always there straight off idle)

They don't like when you mash the loud pedal when your cruising in top gear (if I want to hit it I drop it to 3rd then give it the beans....... mine loves that 5hit)

As for auto vs manual, me, I prefer a slush box in a powerful street car but a manual in a track car

But all options that can cope with all the torque you are putting out have a significant price tag

If I didn't use mine for Hwy cruising and long trips away on weekends I would drop a built T400 in and never worry about the transmission again, but, whilst the T400 is a tried and tested nugget, the lack of overdrive/lockup can be a hassle if you do alot of Hwy kilometres

For a manual, the T56 Magnum's were I would look for any form of longevity, and I would pity any clutch inbetween the flywheel and gear bag

As for a "normal" T56, from others I know running them, they don't like anywhere near the amount of torque that a Magnum can handle

I would chat with a "good" performance transmission shop for options to hold your power

Thanks for the advice mate. Will need to give it some thought. Will need to save for a bit, so will give me some time to weigh it all up.