Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02 VX HSV Clubsport - S2

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
car is looking great man love what you have done with it

Cheers mate.

How did this go?

Good so far. Have been taking it easy and running it in, so haven't really put it under much load.

When it has broken traction, to me it feels a lot more solid and predictable, so happy with the investment.

Really need to get it back in to the shop for a tune adjustment. I never thought I would say it, but the shifts are just too hard.

corey95

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS HBD S2
love this car purely for the interior nothing beats coulsens! also howd you go about the vy/vz roof liner and trims arent they different?

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
love this car purely for the interior nothing beats coulsens! also howd you go about the vy/vz roof liner and trims arent they different?

Thanks mate. My car didn't come with the coulsons, not being an R8. I used to own a VZ R8 and loved the seats, so that is what I put in her. With regard to the headlining you can swap from VT-VZ, they are all the same, same with the pillars, door trims etc. (Bit cheaper option than a full retrim). Only parts that are different are dash and console etc.

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
Car had a good wash to take to the summernats.

Taking my son for the first time. He is car mad, and now old enough to appreciate it.

Car has been a bit neglected since buying the house.

Finally had the 'new to me/second hand' AP's installed after giving them a respray.

DSC06202_zps2ec18165.jpg

DSC06195_zps2d5c7d1f.jpg

DSC06187_zps4fbcfb85.jpg

DSC06179_zps3cc04477.jpg

NEW BRAKES

DSC06181_zpsac2003bd.jpg

Last edited:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Looks excellent m8..love red n black..Can i ask.what brand and model double din head unit is that? Wanting to upgrade mine soon from a single din to double. cheers

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
Looks excellent m8..love red n black..Can i ask.what brand and model double din head unit is that? Wanting to upgrade mine soon from a single din to double. cheers

Thanks mate.

It is an Alpine ixa-w407. Had it a few years now. Not overly impressed to be honest.

I would go and try a few out if doing it again.

mayes

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VTII
very nice car there, how have you attached that checkered ve hsv badge to the mesh on the front bar? ive had one of those badges sitting in my drawer for a few months, i might copy you... doesn't look half bad lol

KIWIV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX S2 Clubsport
very nice car there, how have you attached that checkered ve hsv badge to the mesh on the front bar? ive had one of those badges sitting in my drawer for a few months, i might copy you... doesn't look half bad lol

I cut the posts off the back of the badge, and glued some cable tie guides to the back of it.

21mm Square Adhesive Tie Mounts - Pk.10 - Jaycar Electronics

Then used cable ties through the mesh.

Cheers.