Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02 VY Ute Door Trim ? Upgrade to electric windows/window winder pivot.

andyroo_

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY Ute 3.8L
Hi guys,

been looking at this forum for quiet a while now and only just became a member. my question is i own a standard vy with roll down windows but want to upgrade to electrics with an aftermarket kit, just watched the mighty car mods conversion video on youtube and noticed with the kit they use, they just use a plug to cover the hole of the winder pivot point but im curious to know if it will stick out from the door mould, or is it possible to cut/shave it down ? has anyone tried this before, obviously going to buy new door moulds without winder holes.

Cheers and thanks.

andyroo_

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY Ute 3.8L
anyone care to give some insight ?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hi Andy, while those conversion kits work well. A far more reliable method for a commodore would be to purchase the required components from a vt-vz with electric windows. Would work out fairly similar pricing and you could use the factory switches as well.

You will find plenty of info on the forum in regards to this. Or just ask more here and we can help.

Adamadzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore one ton ute
Hey I've a vy one ton ute have bought everything to converte to electric windows but where the relays go in the fuse panel only one pin is visible can I still make this work ? Thanks any input would be really helpful cause I've searched every where