Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02sensor 4wire into 2wire.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Is it possible to just rewire a 4wire into 2wire sensor????

colour code and disregard the rest??

Installing a new loom so yeah. :boxing:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yes it is. The 4 wire is just a heated sensor. Find the signal wire and use that and one of the earths. Disregard the other two.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Also make sure you're replacing a narrowband sensor with another narrowband sensor (or wideband with wideband as the case may be)?

Narrowband sensors work on a range of 0~1 volt, wideband on a range of 0~5 volts.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Holden factory sensors are narrow band.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
So over 100ks and reducing speed to 80.... im getting the fault Right-Sensor-open. Left-sensor-missing. engine-light-on wont clear unless ignition is off.

black connected to black. both whites are connected to the single white. grey isvdoing nothing, thinking i should ground this to the body?

getting close to just buying the 2wire sensors instead of messing with the old 4wire i have. just keen to give this another go.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
There's your issue, the whites are the signal and power. One is sensor signal to the ECU, one is power for the heater circuit. Connect the grey and the white from the sensor to a single white each, if it still has an error, swap the whites over.

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Its been almost a year since Ive posted so I thought id help anyone out in the future with this.

Problem solved. I installed the new loom with the 2 wire sensor, I brought 2 aftermarket sensors. instead of connecting left with left side of the harness etc with the right side. I connected left with right and right with left. no dtc faults nothing. perfect.

Thanks to learning concepts of fuel trim.