Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'03 VY Exec Wagon won't crank or even make a noise

VySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive & VR Berlina S2
Hey all,

My mate recently bought an '03 VY Exec Wagon off his gf's brother, the real massive issue with it was it was filthy on the inside due to the kids being in it, so when he bought he took it out to my place, it started, ran fine, absolutely fine, yesterday was the same, he started it no worries at all, all he did was clean it, started it, switched sheds and left it for the night.

Now today when he went to start it he turned the ignition on and all the appropriate lights have come on, yet when you go to start the car nothing happens, it doesn't even make a noise, it couldn't be a flat battery as the elec windows/cd player everything still works fine, but when you go to kick it over it doesn't crank, doesn't click, doesn't make a single noise, it's almost as if the car has gone into 'lockdown' if you will and won't let anyone started it, we've checked the fuses, the relays, tried mucking about with the immobilizer, and nothing seems to work, would anyone be able to help us with this? Could it have anything to do with having a flat battery in the key or? Any help would be much appreciated.

The only thing I can think of is a security issue as if the immobilizer is staying on, but it was left unlocked all night with the keys in the centre console, it just wouldn't start this morning.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
but it was left unlocked all night with the keys in the centre console

:hmmm:

it does sound a bit like the immobilizer

tried locking then unlocking the car?

VySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I did earlier, only manually with the key though, not with the remote unlocker, the batteries are relatively flat in the keys.

VySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nevermind, she's fixed! Decided to take one last look at the starter motor, mate adjusted the plug and we're good, thanks.:beer chug: