Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

03 vy SS..

JaneFitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy SS 5.7
hey guys, I've got an 03 Vy SS,
and I feel like it's just abit gutless, It is an auto but I've just had it rebuilt and I had a stage 2 shift kit done, so I feel like it should have abit more get up and go than it does,
I really would love to manual it but t56s are hard to come by at a decent price now in Tasmania haha..

any other things I could look into to give it abit more go??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
hey guys, I've got an 03 Vy SS,
and I feel like it's just abit gutless, It is an auto but I've just had it rebuilt and I had a stage 2 shift kit done, so I feel like it should have abit more get up and go than it does,
I really would love to manual it but t56s are hard to come by at a decent price now in Tasmania haha..

any other things I could look into to give it abit more go??
There is a bloke on FB who might have one.

Here is a link to an ad he has. He has a lot of Commodores in his yard. I sometimes buy parts off him on my way to my second house.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/201503958681857/?ref=saved&referral_code=null

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
If it’s stock std still then an otr air intake,headers with hi flow cats, 2.5 inch twin exhaust system and dyno tune will liven it up heaps

JaneFitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy SS 5.7
If it’s stock std still then an otr air intake,headers with hi flow cats, 2.5 inch twin exhaust system and dyno tune will liven it up heaps

it's got a full 2.5" exhaust system, headers etc . don't think I have high flow cats.. I'll look into an otr and a tune then! cheers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Where are you located? It's very hard to find a tuner that really knows how to tune an LS. I am yet to find one. So far the places I have thrown around have bad reps in one aspect or another.

According to @Dylan kingswood there are none in Hob's either and he lives there and knows the LS very well.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
T56s and TR6060s are hard to come by at a decent price anywhere. I just paid $5k for a brand new TR6060 for my VE SSV as I’ll be stuffed if I’m going to pay around $3k for a half flogged out second hand one!

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
They're dead slow untill do tune/otr good brand extractors/100-200 cell cats...catbacks don't add much other than sound for most part.

For auto you'd want shorter diff gears....manual are just way more fun with 3.9 gears

Then you'll think that is how it should have left factory.

JaneFitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy SS 5.7
T56s and TR6060s are hard to come by at a decent price anywhere. I just paid $5k for a brand new TR6060 for my VE SSV as I’ll be stuffed if I’m going to pay around $3k for a half flogged out second hand one!

yeah I found one on the mainland, for around $5000 without shipping. and should have done that before spending $2200 on a shift kit. hahaha,

JaneFitz

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 Vy SS 5.7
Where are you located? It's very hard to find a tuner that really knows how to tune an LS. I am yet to find one. So far the places I have thrown around have bad reps in one aspect or another.

According to @Dylan kingswood there are none in Hob's either and he lives there and knows the LS very well.

im located in Tassie we have a decent one here in Launceston I think, dc automotive is apparently rhe way to go

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
im located in Tassie we have a decent one here in Launceston I think, dc automotive is apparently rhe way to go
You let me know, how you get on? I have heard different opinions about him from others who drive an LS and a mech who sourced a valve spring from him and fitted it for me when I broke one.

Might be ok, since you're running stock cam I believe? But I won't go there and potentially waste $1000 on a tune and have it still pig root unless you fan the clutch or keep the revs up to it, while trying to get through Riverside, where it goes one lane at 5.30pm..