Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

03 WH LS1 BCM SWAP

Mickwallace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX LS1 Calais, WH S/C V6, WH LS1
Hey guys getting some conflicting advice from local guys around my area with regards to a BCM swap, now I have removed my BCM out of my 03 LS1 WH which was a High 230 and replaced it with a HIGH 313 that I bought from a wrecker out of a LS1 WH Plus the 2 key Fobs, put it in my WH and the car won't start, Does everything else like unlocks all doors, alarms the car but all I get is it either just starts and dies after 2 seconds or winds over for 4 revolutions then halts. Holden says it needs a new BCM and that you can't program the BCM to run in my car (they just want money $1500 for a new BCM plus fitting and tuning costs) and the other tuning mob in town say similar things like you can only tune the BCM to the PIM ounce. What am I not getting here or what do I need to do? Any advice would be appreciated.. Cheers Mick

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Whenever you change your BCM it needs to be linked to your PCM or definitely not start. Your key remotes match your BCM so that is good. Assuming that the BCM is compatible with your car, I don't know a about that.
So your choices are get your BCM and PCM linked with the correct scan tool or get the PCM that goes with your BCM from the same car at the wreckers. But first you need to verify whether the HIGH 230 and the HIGH 313 are interchangeable.

Mickwallace

Reaction score
Members Ride
So what do I need to link it up, other then obviously a tech 2 or tech tool.. I am a mechanic but on trucks for TOLL so I understand it will need a tech tool of sorts and everyone seems to talk about the tech 2 so what do I need to provide to someone who has this to link them, do I need anything or just present the car to them. Thank you by the way for the info..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You just need to link the PCM and BCM with a Tech 2 or other compatible scan tool, nothing else required.

Mickwallace

Reaction score
Members Ride
sweet well thank you for the advise and will be talking to someone tomorrow to do that..