Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

04 Monaro Sound equipment swap

Bazzdogs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore S
Ok so its not exactly commodore related, but for the last 5 years i have owned a 98 VT commodore S and have been a member for quite some time.

I recently upgraded to an 04 Monaro Gen II and im looking to put most or all the sound equipment from my VT into the Monaro before i sell it off. What i have are 2 x Cadence 12 Inch subs (that are quite deep) and the two amps that go with them, 2 kicker 6x9's (Kicker DS6930) and my JVC KW-XR616 double din head unit.

Ive read somewhere that the standard headunit in the Monaros is slightly bigger than a normal double din unit, is this true? if so do i need a harness? what happens to my steering wheel controls?

Is there a better place to fit the amp and subs than to build a big box and simply plonk them in the boot?

last question, i know there are small subs in the parcel shelf, is it possible to fit my 6x9's to replace the standards subs and use the now unused amps to power them? the 6x9s are rated at 140 watts a pair but I'm unsure of the ohm rating of either product.

Thanks comm fans :)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I have both a Monaro and a Clubsport (both VXII) and have previously owned a VT Exec I can tell you the hole for the HU is exactly the same. Also the harness is identical.

Having said that I do not know about your particular model.

Last edited: