Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

04 SV8 S2, screen, clock & radio not working.

IRIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV8 Holden S2
Hi There,
I am new to this forum and need help with my factory head unit. I have a 2004 SV8 Series 2 holden, her audio system setup is factory standard. I recently replaced the battery, after doing so I started up car to find my radio, monitor, clock doesn't work. The monitor is black even after pushing the on button on the unit & steering wheel, still nothing. I would really appreciate your input and advice on how I may fix my problem..

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
id say it would be something to do with your wiring installation.

maybe your "ignition on" and "constant 12V" is wired incorrect somewhere.

Id go back and start from the start of what you did

IRIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV8 Holden S2
When I turn "ignition on" there is a red paddock on the right hand side of my dash board. It goes away after I start the car. Could this have something to do with it? Thanx mr j-man for replying to my post.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hi There,
I am new to this forum and need help with my factory head unit. I have a 2004 SV8 Series 2 holden, her audio system setup is factory standard. I recently replaced the battery, after doing so I started up car to find my radio, monitor, clock doesn't work. The monitor is black even after pushing the on button on the unit & steering wheel, still nothing. I would really appreciate your input and advice on how I may fix my problem..

you may need to put in the security code for the radio , have a look in the handbook for the card or check with a Holden dealer

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
When I turn "ignition on" there is a red paddock on the right hand side of my dash board. It goes away after I start the car. Could this have something to do with it? Thanx mr j-man for replying to my post.
no probs mate, I kinda miss read your post too thinking u installed a new head unit.
The security code will need to entered into the stereo....if you cant find it contact holden with vehicle specs and they should have a code in their database