Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

04 VY Ute S1 Clutch and Flywheel Replacement

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
g'day peoples looked back 3 pages but could not find a thread regarding clutches. Sorry to start new thread !!

After 150,000km minor service every 5k major every 10k and pretty much
Picture perfect ute but my clutch is starting to slip now so an aftermarket
Clutch is the go, it's also comes to my attension that you will need a new flywheel aswell so I was looking at a VY excedy HD clutch as a replacement
I'm calling repco and autobarn for a quote I'll let you know tommorrow peoples
Of the $$ involved I'll even get the website and prodct code

Rik

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
Last edited:

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
Spoke to simon at chatswood and he said $1460 but even he was supprised
And said hang on ..... Computer click click click type type LOL ok $1200 so
I think that is not a bad price ??? Anyone he is going to get back to me if it
Will fit but I think I made a mastake and only HD button only fits next model up
Speaking with him tommorrow again I'll find out for sure...
So if I stuff the excedy clutch next time around flywheel is not needed ?? Only clutch??
Is this correct ??!!

Rik

VYFORI

VEFORME
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan
Gday peoples.....

Spoke to Simon Again at repco the Excedy HD clutch with Ridged Flywheel is $1200... Because of the mass flywheel it cannot be machined and holden costs a bomb to replace clutch/mass flywheel.

After talking to my ace mechanic he said everyone is getting away from mass flywheels and getting ridged flytwheels so they can be machined.
Now when you blow a clutch you just machine flywheel instread replacing the mass flywheel and clutch aswell...

Asked my mechanic if you can get it cheaper for me at his clutch place quoted the same ammount $1200. just was not sure if repco had a markup..

Love answering my own questions lol

RIK...

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
We fitted a Mal Wood "ACE" billet flywheel & hd clutch to my VT on the weekend and I was very impressed with the quality and the service. The flywheel saved >1kg of weight over the Dual Mass and was obviously well made. We were fitting it to an originally auto engine and the flywheel came with alignment holes for this crank due to not having dowel holes. I was very impressed by this.

The clutch pedal is nice and firm, you can tell the clutch isn't going to slip. No shudder either so far. Haven't driven too much but it's actually got less vibration than the DMF. The DMF may have been very slightly out of alignment though.

The price we got it for is well under the prices mentioned above.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Asked my mechanic if you can get it cheaper for me at his clutch place quoted the same ammount $1200. just was not sure if repco had a markup..
Hi mate,

We can do that same Exedy Heavy Duty Kit for $1150 shipped to you.

Regards,
Greg