Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

04 vy v6 s pac issues

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Re-gapping plugs this day and age isn't really necessary, unless you've been given the wrong plugs to begin with and you are absolutely certain that they need to be gapped. In all honesty playing around with plug gaps can cause more hassles then its worth.

I'd start:

1. Fuel pressure test.
2. Compression test

See how you go with those and let us know what you find...

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
come one man, dont expect anything but reliablitlity from the old eco tec. mine was mint and wouldnt ever do standstills but thats not what the cars for. by a ls1 if you want to do illegal activities

actual about to bitch slap the next person to say " buy a ls1" i had a ls1 biggest pos on the planet, i would rather eat my own pecker than own or drive a ls1 ever again, if i wanted a v8 i would buy a v8 but i didnt i got an s pac vy v6

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
my vy v6 exec goes pretty hard. at the lights turning right the other night, 2 turning lanes. Pulled up in the outside lane next to a p plater in a ba. saw him creep forward so thought i might give my girl her first hard run lol.missed the start. he got the jump on me but as soon as i straightened my wheel i was off. Hit 120 before i knew it. left him for dead. Pretty happy with my latest. and the bonus was that i thing the ford driver blew something because he seemed to slow right down and get left behind even when i slowed to the speed limit. lol.

One thing i have noticed between my VR and VY is that the VR has better throttle response. Got back into my VR the other night, and nearly had her lit up without meaning to. quite suprising really. might need to investigate lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
What are you expexting from a car thats near 10 years old?????

You have 150kw and the BA had 180kw ( give or take a few) and more torque...

If you thrre is something wrong get it on a dyno and see if you have betwee 110 kw and 125kw there is nothing wrong with your car. If you want more power NA then spend $5000 and get a full exhaust, cam, rockers, head work, tune, diff for 160kw
Or spend $5000 on the supercharged conversion water to air cooler smaller pulley and possibly have a tune and get 180kw or there abouts.

If your LS1 was slow and your v6 is slow you might just be expecting a bit much from these motors then.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
get it dynoed to see what sort of power it is making at the wheels otherwise it's just all guess work.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
actual about to bitch slap the next person to say " buy a ls1" i had a ls1 biggest pos on the planet, i would rather eat my own pecker than own or drive a ls1 ever again, if i wanted a v8 i would buy a v8 but i didnt i got an s pac vy v6

maybe you just can't drive?

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
yeah i think this weekend i will do some more to it, picked up a strut brace from holden today not actually sure if it was worth it yet (small issues with understeer) might do a compression test but i really cbf, have to replace the antenna today too.....\
i dont think i am expecting too much from these motors, like are you retarded or what? if you read all the posts i mention how my mums vx blows this out the water, two cars same drivers, ones slow the other isnt.
i might have to suss the diff ratio i seen a 2.92 vy diff for sale the other day that got me thinking....

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
The vy never came with a 2.92 diff

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
I had a VY S Pac at work yesterday with a blocked up fuel rail. Called Holden to find out what the go was and the workshop foreman said that a blocked fuel rail (the metal rail component of the fuel system) was as common as dog **** (his words, not mine).

I remembered reading this thread and thought I'd come back and let you know what I found...fuel pressure test it mate. This car had the exact same symptoms as what you've described earlier on in the thread.

Forgive me if you've already solved the issue, as I CBF reading the two pages.