Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

04 VZ - Torque Management

bjmag94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Hi everyone I was just wondering if anyone knows how I can disable the torque management on the ecu?
No I don't want to do this for skids I want to do it cause I like to open it up on the highway a little and it just feels gutless, and can only think that it's the torque management being a pain in the ass and not giving the car its full torque.
Some days you can feel it when you put your foot down, but other days no matter how hard your put your foot down it feel gutless as.
If I can't disable this myself roughly how much will it cost me to have someone disable it for me?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Really doubt torque management would be kicking in if you're opening it up at highway speeds.

Last time you did a trans fluid change?

Last edited:

bjmag94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Really doubt torque management would be kicking in if you're opening it up at highway speeds.

Last time you did a trans fluid change?
I have only owned the car for a little over a month I done an oil and oil filter change within the first week of having it along with an engine flush and injector clean.
I'd say it hasn't been done in a fair while as the oil hadn't been done in around 35,000km so I'd assume the trans hasn't been done in a while either, although it does change gears fine, and doesn't seem to lag.
I was thinking about doing a trans oil and filter change in the next month or so

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Isn't it there to protect your gearbox? I would imagine you will need to plug it in to change the settings on a tune up device.

bjmag94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Isn't it there to protect your gearbox? I would imagine you will need to plug it in to change the settings on a tune up device.
Yeah that's it main purpose, but it also denies you all the torque.
So just say you want to sit on the break and skid it, it'll sit there and won't rev out, it won't go up over like 2,000 rpm.
I've also heard of it being called anti abuse, it is kind of annoying really.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah that's it main purpose, but it also denies you all the torque.
So just say you want to sit on the break and skid it, it'll sit there and won't rev out, it won't go up over like 2,000 rpm.
I've also heard of it being called anti abuse, it is kind of annoying really.
Well put it this way you wont get your car impounded for hoon driving.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
If it’s the v6 they’re always sluggish. Torque management removes timing on the upshift but that’s it afaik. Anti abuse is another feature as you’re aware.

bjmag94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Well put it this way you wont get your car impounded for hoon driving.
Haha, maybe 5 or 6 years ago I would of done burnouts and what not.
But I've worked hard to get my licence back so not screwing it up again, only place I'll do skids now will be on a skid pan or private property, but I won't skid my vz either way, it's too good of a car to just **** it.
And it's a 3.6l v6

bjmag94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
If it’s the v6 they’re always sluggish. Torque management removes timing on the upshift but that’s it afaik. Anti abuse is another feature as you’re aware.
Thanks mate, would disabling the torque management do any or much damage?
And the same for the anti abuse, it sounds like I want to skid, I just want no restrictions to my engine, and if I do happen to take it to a burnout meeting i can actually get it on the pad, although I do not plan on skidding it at all