Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

05' VZ Commodore Executive

Nayla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Hey guys, this is my first post to the site.. so i hope its a good one =]

I went down to a local muffler place and got a quote on Pacemaker Extractors & a Twin 2.5' Cat-Back system. But as for brand of exhaust the guys trying to
sell me a "red back" Twin 2.5" Cat-Back system .. never herd of this before. After giving me a price (below) he then changed his mind and said ill set you up with
a "Al-Star" Cat-Back system.. He proclaimed all exhaust's systems are from china and they are the same metal .. "both come with 2 year warranty" ..

Any Idea's on this, Is the price right ? OR know any good local dealers? I'm in the Rowville/Scoresby/Dandenong area.

Extractors = $540
Exhaust = $650
Labour= $110
--------------------
Total $1300

Cheerz =]

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
dont know if it helps but Redback is a popular brand especially with V8's

I dont know much about exhausts, all I did was bolt an LS1 exhaust to mine, didnt do much only some grunt under acceleration thats about it.

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Red-Back is a very decent brand, but have never heard of All-Star (sounds cheap and dodge tbh).

I would honestly not go twin 2.5.. it's far to big for the 175..

A nice twin 2.25 would be the biggest you'd want to go..and it seams to work well with the alloytecs.

A part from that, the price's look fine.

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Dandy exhaust are cheap thats where I got mine done. Pacemakers, Hi flow cats fitted for $1100. Check the workmanship though mine was leaking! but they fixed it

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
'off the shelf' kits are well and truly advised to be steered clear of, there is none that have been proven yet, as mentioned above, 2.25 or single 2.5 have the desired effects a lot are chasing, it all depends on the mufflers as to what sound you want

Nayla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Thanks guys for your help .. yea i've been told the 2.25" Cat-Back is better for the alloytec from a few mates .. Currently have a "no muffler" system atm .. I'm sure ill have a little/mini v8 after the mods are installed =]

Dandy exhaust are cheap thats where I got mine done. Pacemakers, Hi flow cats fitted for $1100. Check the workmanship though mine was leaking! but they fixed it

Wow that's a really good price .. that means your extractors were $400 & cat's were $700 ?? Do you have a cat-back on your exhaust system ?

I'll give em a call :D

=================================

DONE: 2.25" Cat-Back, Pacemakers Extractors, Labour & Exhaust Tip = $1150 Installed..

Last edited: