Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

05' VZ Computer Remapping

Mr.Sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
i currently have the 175kw commo Vz model but have been told i can remap the computer to to convert to a 195 kw because they have the same engine capacity. how can i remap the computer to do so, i live in the sydeny inner western suburbs and dont have much coin.

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Not sure thats true.
I believe that there's a physical difference between the 175 and 190.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
You can get a complete remap of the ecu and fuel management system. It won't necessarily bring it to be the same apec as the alloytec190, It will make it more powerful though as the factory fuel trims are rich for longevity of the engine.

The alloytec190 can be remapped also with software and they can make a nice gain from factory with no other mods.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
mate you wont bring your 175 motor upto 190 spec but you will get a decent gain in power and response. Talk to Dale at Castle Hill Exhaust probably the best around for tuning alloytecs.

also don't get scared by the bloke that said they run rich to increase life of the motor, this isn't true they run rich to protect the cat converters. it's called Cat over temp or cot. runs the motor real rich to keep the cats cool as these motors are designed to meet heavy emissions standards so from factory they are tuned to look after the cats.

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Sweet, that info helps me too Monaro. Kudo's to you mate.

kmaybz

Reaction score
correct me if im wrong, the 190 has a different cam and valve set,also injectors & ecu