Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

05 VZ Exec Rear Sway Bar D Bush

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Hey guys,

Replacing some bushings in my car atm, going with Nolathane, and am after the rear sway bar D bushes.

It just has a stock sway bar, so what I need to know is, whats the size of them? (Car's at a mates while we do it, so I can't go look atm, and I'm impatient to find out lol).
Have searched everywhere and can't find a definite answer.

I'm assuming its 14mm, if so, are these the correct ones? Nolathane 42039 Rear Sway bar - mount bushing 14mm

Or do I need the flanged ones? Such as: Nolathane 42036 Rear Sway bar - mount bushing 14mm

Cheers for the help.

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Pretty sure the 14mm, i think there flanged

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Cheers mate, I'm pretty sure its 14mm and not flanged haha, hopefully someone else knows for certain.
At worst I'll just have to go over there in the morning and check it out first, would just prefer to be able to get them on the way instead of having to go out again. The sooner its done the sooner i get back on the road. lol

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
I was gonna do these rear bush myself until i found out u had to lower the subframe

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Yeah it's a time consuming job. I'd say I only have a rudimentary knowledge, but my mates got a lot of experience and knows what he's doing.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
you want the 42036 set with the flanges mate. just done the job recently myself. not super hard to fit, just fiddly.

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
did u have to drop the subframe to do it?

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
you want the 42036 set with the flanges mate. just done the job recently myself. not super hard to fit, just fiddly.

Thanks a lot. We took a look today at the size (which is 14mm for the Exec), but afterwards decided to leave them due to time constraints. Will know now for for certain in the future whenever I do them.

Cheers mate.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
yes you have to drop the sub frame but it's not as difficult as it sounds. just put a jack under the diff, remove the rear diff cradle and slowly lower the diff until you can get access.