Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'05 VZ Storm Ute - Air Con Relay issues

d.zrim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Hey everyone.

I know it is really hard to diagnose over the net, but hoping somebody has had the same issue.

I recently obtained a VZ Storm which was sold to me with a non-functioning A/C, with a simple regas being named as the fix.
I've taken it to AutoMasters for their free A/C diagnosis and they came back with the compressor being dead and wanting $1k+ to fix it. I was so startled at this! [sarcasm]
I took it to my trusted local mechanic who ran some tests and actually got the compressor working, so this is somewhat good news!

Now I'm not too sure on the mechanic lingo, but from what I understood he narrowed it down to a relay issue or something in the 'body control'(?).
When he hooks up what looks like a standard red/black cable, he earths it to the battery earth and puts the positive end somewhere in the black relay/fuse box on the top driver side and voilà! Ice cold air con is cranking!

He said an auto electrician would be best to diagnose it but they would charge me through the roof for it, so here I am, turning to the wise council for help.

Bigartie11

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute 3.6
I have the same drama,The relay was one of the first things i checked,because I couldn`t hear the compressor click in.After swapping out another relay I knew that worked I still had no cold air.Keen to see what happens with post