Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

05 White Lumina (My First Car)

insanepooner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VZ Lumina
How do you find the headunit mate? Looking at that one or the pioneer avh5550bt. Can't decide.

For what I use it for its perfect, the touch is amazing, yet can sometimes be annoying when your trying to scroll up and down looking for a song, but there is a little feature up the top that lets you jump to each letter of the alphabet which makes it a little easier. The screen quality is sick, if you looking to watch DVD's/Movies or stream stuff from your phone on to it etc, its amazing. The bluetooth with my phone (iPhone 4) works a treat, incoming and receiving calls, but I am still having trouble syncing my contacts to it. Radio set up on it is awesome and easy to navigate. I have it connected with my iPod Touch, and it I love how it displays the music when its playing, with the album cover etc. There are a ton of settings you can have fun with, changing the colour of the buttons, background as well as speaker configurations etc. I haven't had much experience with other touch screen head units, but I am really happy with this one. Only down side is that there is no GPS, which I think would be awesome (apparently tom tom is bringing out a USB adapter thing but who knows o_O), and (probably because I installed it myself) I am am having a little bit of trouble with my steering wheel controls as of late.

Also the way it fold out when you hit the eject button :yeah: so cool!

You should source the rest of the bodykit, would look much better and wouldn't cost heaps either.

Yeah, thats the plan :)

insanepooner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just bought some SS Projector Headlights, should be coming in about a week! Will post some photos when I have fitted them!
Any tips or things I should look out for when doing so?

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
If they don't come with bulbs you need H9 for the low beam and H11 for the high beam.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Save your cash mate, just get a decent set of Phillips diamond visions off ebay if you want ultra bright.

insanepooner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Save your cash mate, just get a decent set of Phillips diamond visions off ebay if you want ultra bright.

6000k is the colour I want to have as I love the white, but i'll sus out other alternatives. See if I can find that in a globe :)

insanepooner

Reaction score
Members Ride
So finally installed these one, and really happy with the look of them, just waiting on my two LED white parkers I have coming for them. Then still tossing up weather to get HID's or Phillips Diamond vision.

16m9md1.jpg

And also picked up a SS or SV6 rear bumper from Gumtree for $100, thought it was a pretty good price as it has never been painted and is in mint condition. Just need to get it painted and pick some SS tail lights to fit it with :)

IMG_4953.jpg

Last edited:

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Good progress mate, good mods :thumbsup: