Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

06 VE Berlina immobiliser issue

MJJW

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina 3.6
Hello people, Long time reader first time writer here apologies for any confusion..

A few months back I brought an 06 VE Berlina (not running) for $750 and thought BARGAIN ..

The issues were that it had no battery and the engine was seized along with a few cosmetic issues like plastics inside the car and some nice little dents here and there..

Anyway after seeing the broken cam timing chain wrapped half way around the crank sprocket it was obvious the motor was finished, ( the half a turn was enough for the number 5 intake valves to strike the piston, snap the cam bearings and mark the piston).

Pulled the motor and box out on the K Frame, found the right motor ($1000) and swapped all the other crap over and chucked it all back in. Plug it all in, stick a battery in and it just goes click, it says engine immobilized ( and safety mode and some other crap but ill get past the immobilizer first )!?!?! so I thought it had to be the key, open the key up a F##k me it has no transponder inside ?? the ignition barrel turns with any key screwdriver knife or whatever.. So my question is to you knowledgeable people here is .. If I Buy a new Steering column with key will it work with the current BCM/ECU ? Or does it still have to be programmed ?