Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

06 VE SS amp and subs install.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
G'day all
I have a alpine v12 amp,2 12inch subs boxed and all wiring from my old vp(R.I.P) and i want it all in my new 06 ve ss,but i dont now where to start :hmmm:as far as removing the dash to get to the head unit.Any help would be nice thanks

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
G'day all
I have a alpine v12 amp,2 12inch subs boxed and all wiring from my old vp(R.I.P) and i want it all in my new 06 ve ss,but i dont now where to start :hmmm:as far as removing the dash to get to the head unit.Any help would be nice thanks

Not meaning to be a smart arse here, as I'm obviously still a newbie to this forum, but do a quick search and you find that there's heaps of threads on here and even some detailed instructions on removing the trims and dash to get to the head unit in the VE's.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Not meaning to be a smart arse here, as I'm obviously still a newbie to this forum, but do a quick search and you find that there's heaps of threads on here and even some detailed instructions on removing the trims and dash to get to the head unit in the VE's.

Ok fair call.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
If you are not too familiar with stereos mate i would take it to the pro's to be done, because its not as easy as in any other Pre VE commodore to do, you will requite a LOC (Line Out Converter) or another alternative to give signal to the amp as the VE h/u has no RCA pre outs.
Other than that i have never worked on a VE So if you are doing it yourself i can't help with taking apart trim etc.

Good luck!

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS

pete101

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Omega
i installed an amp & sub into my 08 VE omega, but it cant be that much different on an SS

to get to the headunit wiring you'll need to remove 2 trims. The one under the steering wheel and the one next that is on the right side of the head unit (typically where your knees would be).

To remove the one under the steering wheel, run your fingers all the way down it until you get to a spot that you feel you can grab (just past the lever to pop the bonnet), then gently pull on it and it will unclip. lever it towards you and the top will unclip. then you just need to unplug the headlight switch and put it aside.

the one on the side is even easier, it just sorta slides out/unclips.

the head unit wires are all on the right hand side of the headunit in a plug

hope that helps

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Thanks alot mate.
i installed an amp & sub into my 08 VE omega, but it cant be that much different on an SS

to get to the headunit wiring you'll need to remove 2 trims. The one under the steering wheel and the one next that is on the right side of the head unit (typically where your knees would be).

To remove the one under the steering wheel, run your fingers all the way down it until you get to a spot that you feel you can grab (just past the lever to pop the bonnet), then gently pull on it and it will unclip. lever it towards you and the top will unclip. then you just need to unplug the headlight switch and put it aside.

the one on the side is even easier, it just sorta slides out/unclips.

the head unit wires are all on the right hand side of the headunit in a plug

hope that helps