Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

06VZ not starting/service reminder will not clear.

wannaeatyourbrains

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
It makes the PIM wig out. You have to get someone to unmarry and remarry the modules. The thread had other suggestions I can't remember.

Did you pull a coil pack out and see if it was sparking? And did you check for fuel pressure at the Schrader valve? Turning over but no start could well be fuel pump is out like you say.

But it is the PIM issue gives you the service reminder.

Last edited:

Ben Crouch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim Wagon
It makes the PIM wig out. You have to get someone to unmarry and remarry the modules. The thread had other suggestions I can't remember.

Did you pull a coil pack out and see if it was sparking? And did you check for fuel pressure at the Schrader valve? Turning over but no start could well be fuel pump is out like you say.

But it is the PIM issue gives you the service reminder.
gonna do sparks and coils and see what happens

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
gonna do sparks and coils and see what happens
???
I’ll tell you what happens. You spend a heap of money and find the same thing. This happened on ours and it gradually went away. Was every start. Then intermittent. Then not anymore. If the ecm is the problem, how does it fix it’s self? I feel it is a contact in a relay somewhere in the circuit.

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I’ll tell you what happens. You spend a heap of money and find the same thing. This happened on ours and it gradually went away. Was every start. Then intermittent. Then not anymore. If the ecm is the problem, how does it fix it’s self? I feel it is a contact in a relay somewhere in the circuit.
i will agree to disagree
i scoped out every input that i figured could be a problem
came down to ecu
which i then made a bypass for
tech 2 could not communicate with ecu or tcm (which is incorporated in ecu), even though ecu had all powers and ground
edit- but in this case hypothetical as Ben's car still cranks

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Doesn’t work like that. You need to test them first to check. However It will be something in the system stopping it. PIM error, ECM, faulty relay, Serial data issue some where. A faulty plug or coil will not create various serial data errors to be displayed.

I find it interesting that years ago (10ish) these cars had injector driver issues.

Now more and more getting this issue and not so much of the injector faults.

The following is an untested hypothesis:

I was thinking about it today, inside the ECM is the epoxy that coats all the circuitry. What if there were batches of these that had tiny air bubbles (shouldn’t have them) in the epoxy which at first weren’t an issue but after years of heating cycles is causing faults in certain places in the ECM? Some batches first affected the injector drivers, then other batches it affected the small wires connecting the board to the plug. Now we are seeing other batches that are affected by hotspots causing this fault. Then there’s others out there that have perfectly good air bubble free ECMs and don’t get the faults.

Repair places will replace the epoxy perfectly and would do a way better job than GM did.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
it was when greta thunberg made us use lead free solder
now the tiny little joints are cracking
sometimes get enough current to remelt themselves and self repair

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Ah, Greta Thunberg did it. Funny.
Funny it is but the environmental concerns and the phasing out of lead free solder that caused tin whiskers and unintended acceleration issues in Toyotas. Lucky NASA worked it out.

Unintended acceleration has caused deaths so saving the environment didn’t work out well for some people :confused:

Last edited: