Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07 ssv with cat back exhaust

Mikey_mikestar

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
Hi there, first post here. Just bought an 07 ssv with a 2 inch cat back exhaust with front mufflers and hot dogs (no rear mufflers) and lowered 10mm on kings springs. Just want thoughts on the exhaust, would like to later on get new headers and cats so would this set up be ok or better to go 2.5 or 3 inch the whole way? Has a nice note, maybe a bit on the louder side actually.
Thanks for any thoughts.

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
2.5 will suffice. I have a 3inch on my SS and I love the sound and how loud it is.

Guess it just depends how loud you want it and how much you want to spend, di fillipo and HM are some of the best brands out there.

Mikey_mikestar

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
I think it's quite load already so probably don't need it any louder. I was thinking of getting the headers and cats to go with the 2" for now. Would this work ok and do I need to get it tuned for the current exhaust as I don't think it has been?

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
You shouldn't need to get a tune if you only have an exhaust. Get a decent cold air intake such as VCM or duspeed then get the tune as you will get better gains with a cai

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to be clear, get the full exhaust cats headers, cold air intake then a tune

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I just bought a 3 manta catback from NAAF and I'm pretty damn happy with it. Was tossin up going the full exhaust or not and I just went the catback. A part of me kinda wishes I had of done the whole thing lol

Last edited:

Mikey_mikestar

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
Cool thanks, probably have to sit on it for a while as my bank manager (wife) has put a freeze on spending money on it as I've only had it a week.

Mikey_mikestar

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
helmotbros, I bought it off a dealer and he got the catback done and lowered it 10mm and only went 2" to go cheap and save money.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
helmotbros, I bought it off a dealer and he got the catback done and lowered it 10mm and only went 2" to go cheap and save money.

Is it just me or does 2 not sound right? I'm pretty sure they come stock 2 1/4? Correct me if I'm wrong lol. Yea would be good for you to go a 2.5 or 3 with hotdogs in the centre and mufflers out the back. Won't be obnoxiously loud and will have a nice note. That's my opinion anyway. Ignore it if you want haha.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Is it just me or does 2 not sound right? I'm pretty sure they come stock 2 1/4? Correct me if I'm wrong lol. Yea would be good for you to go a 2.5 or 3 with hotdogs in the centre and mufflers out the back. Won't be obnoxiously loud and will have a nice note. That's my opinion anyway. Ignore it if you want haha.
i think he means 2 1/4 but 2 1/2 would be the minimum i would put on:)