Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07 VE GTS oil pressure gauge issue

Krustoph

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV VE GTS, 1994 HSV VR ClubSport
Hey guys

First time post. I had my car serviced (120,000 km) on Friday 28/09/12 and they did the normal fluid checks and changed oil filter and general checks on the vehicle. I started this morning just to make sure all is good before i set off to Bathurst and the oil pressure gauge was at max.

This happens when you turn the key to accessory as well. It doesn't move even driving. Had roadside out and they found no error codes. Only issue was the battery was a bit low. I have a feeling that the gauge is earthing out. It has been suggested to me to attempt a CAN bus restart but cannot find any info about that. If anyone has had this issue before or has an idea then any response would be appreciated.

NRMA offered a tow but due to the public holiday on Monday i will be waiting till Tuesday to get it sorted.

Cheers guys

SSVRED77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS V 2007
Where are you located? I use a device that's cheap yet effective, it's the Elm 327 and Torque Engine Managment app for Android and iphones. If you don't have an android or i phone then use a laptop to check for error codes. Most of the programmes are free to look up error codes but Torque is $4.95 and the Elm 327 v1.5 is roughly $10 to $20 free delivery

elm 327 v1.5 bluetooth | eBay

Krustoph

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV VE GTS, 1994 HSV VR ClubSport
Located in Canberra. NRMA plugged in and went through the Generic and GMH codes and there were no Errors. To me it sounds like an electrical Issue and the Gauge / sensor might be earthing out, Perhaps knocked or not connected after the Oil Filter change. I have both iPhone and Android so will look at that.

Cheers for the reply

DYL-14N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Hi i am having this same problem with my 07 gts. Just wondering if you ended up sorting this issue and what was it? Thanks

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
the gauges can fail and just read full scale

CarsonGTs467

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 GTS
Hi i am having this same problem with my 07 gts. Just wondering if you ended up sorting this issue and what was it? Thanks
G’day mate, I’ve got an 08 GTS oil pressure gauge is doing same peoples you had years ago. What was the fix?

I’ve got a new oil pressure sensor on order.

Cheers

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
G’day mate, I’ve got an 08 GTS oil pressure gauge is doing same peoples you had years ago. What was the fix?

I’ve got a new oil pressure sensor on order.

Cheers
Just hope it’s the sensor. Pretty normal for them to crap out.