Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07 VE SV6 - Engine Warning Light

b744er

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
Recently purchased a 07 VE SV6 sedan full service history immaculate condition with only 94,000km on the clock.

The other day I noticed when I turned the ignition key to the Acc position, the lil orange engine warning light illuminated and remained on. When I turned the ignition, the light went out after approximately 3 seconds (no warning or anything on the digital centre display).

This morning when I did the same thing, I turned the key to Acc and let the system check complete, I turned to start and the centre digital display showed the engine warning for about 3 seconds and both the orange light and the centre digital display disappeared. Runs smooth, no hiccups, no strange noises, oil is good, serviced recently.

The only modification to the car is a 25mm manifold insulator.

Have read several forums on other sites and no one seems to be able to answer this question. I read that this is normal, but I have also read the car may require software updates, I dunno, but hopefully someone here with some knowledge might be able to help.

FYI: It doesn't do it every time, once every 10 starts I reckon.

Cheers.

WILDVTSS

Resident rev head
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT SS Series 1
My VT does he same thing. I looked in the owners manual and it said it's just running a diagnostic check. Don't know if it's the same with a VE

b744er

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
My VT does he same thing. I looked in the owners manual and it said it's just running a diagnostic check. Don't know if it's the same with a VE

Yeah mine does the system check, the manual says the light stays on for a few seconds after its been started, but for a split second the check engine appeared on the centre digital display, but has never come on when I am driving ...... strange