Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07 wm statesman head unit issue

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
hi guys have developed an issue with the head unit on my dads statesman

issue 1 after a long drive say 1 hr the radio will switch off and screen go completely blank, pressing the on button does nothing or any button, sometimes will work if i press the auto button on the air con. switch the car off and on will make the radio work only sometimes, the problem is random wont happen all the time.

issue 2 Also when i press the audio button on steering wheel to toggle through fm1 , fm2, am, then cd once i press it again the screen switches off have to press audio one more time to get back to fm1 does this happen to any one else?? this issue happens all the time

Last edited:

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
ok bit of a bump and i have fixed issue 2 it was my mistake i had turned on rear aux when mucking around with the setting's, but i still have a problem with issue 1

VTProductions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA 07
hi guys have developed an issue with the head unit on my dads statesman

issue 1 after a long drive say 1 hr the radio will switch off and screen go completely blank, pressing the on button does nothing or any button, sometimes will work if i press the auto button on the air con. switch the car off and on will make the radio work only sometimes, the problem is random wont happen all the time.

issue 2 Also when i press the audio button on steering wheel to toggle through fm1 , fm2, am, then cd once i press it again the screen switches off have to press audio one more time to get back to fm1 does this happen to any one else?? this issue happens all the time

ok issue 1 is a problem with the loom or wiring so wen u plug ur vacum in the wall and bit by bit it unplug but is hanging by a bit and turns on off. same thing the plug that plugs into ur head unit is comming loose a little and turns on n off take it to holden n get them to have a look coz u also said its after a long drive so it might be over heating wires or head unit.

i had the same issue in my v series commodore 06 they unplugged it n plugged it back never had an issue