Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

08 Calais wagon delicious daily

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
So I work at a bottle shop that supplies a few pubs, yesterday we got a big order and the boss wasn't there with his Ute, so it was the wagon to the rescue. Usually sits probably 30mm higher than that, but 32 slabs got her tucking a bit of rim lol just glad the tein coilovers have such a stiff spring rate or I would have been scraping the whole way there.
Also I'll be looking for some more practical rims soon, I love the genuine pentagons but I don't trust anyone to park my car as they are such gutter magnets. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on which rims would work.
HnmqdXf.jpg

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
Ugh so first real mechanical issue with the wagon.
Half way into work today engine light she comes on, still running fine but I pull over open the bonnet to try listen for anything, nothing out of the ordinary.
I get into work and as I pull into the rear car park I rear a really loud ticking that is matching the revs, it's definitely not knocking but no bueno.
Needless to say it's staying here overnight as I'm not risking another 35 minutes of running. It sounds like lifters but I could be wrong.
Place your bets as I'll be taking it to my mechanic tomorrow. I've got my fingers crossed it's something relatively easy, got them really crossed hoping it won't be bottom end.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
So of course she did what they always do, once you're going to take it to the mechanics the issue stops. Started her up this morning, made the same ticking noise for about 4 seconds then stopped. Went to get it looked at anyway and the verdict is in. And according to my mechanic(who I trust and have gone to for years) its most likely a case of(I've probably remembered this wrong) the lifters bleeding? By all accounts because the ticking has stopped there's no major issue. He reckons because it's done 190,000 kays mostly city driving before I had it I should just the oil weight up a bit from 3w30 to 10w40. So I'll be dropping the oil tonight. Also the engine light was just it throwing a code for injector 6, the one I had cleaned out a few weeks ago, not related at all. Love a bit of good news.

rtmpgt

Reaction score
Website
www.pgt.design
Members Ride
2010 VE1.5 SV6 Ute
Man i love pents on a slammed wagon! If they're the Tein Street Advance Z coilovers, you can get the Tein EDFC for these units, which allows for active damper control.

Good luck with your injector issue!