Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

08 head gasket replacement

Omega08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
Hi, first time post here.
I think I have a blown head gasket. I'm going through a lot of coolant and every now and then I'm losing a little bit of power while I'm driving and it's slowly but surely getting worse, but I'm not 100% sure if my head gasket is gone.
I would like to know what I have to do to see if my head gasket is gone and if it is what I will need to get to fix it. I would like to try and fix it myself but with me being a complete novice is it something that is actually achievable on my own.

H

harrop.senator

Anythings achievable with a manual and patience. Whether its recommended or jot is a different story. It also may be a lower intake manifold leak leaking coolant into intake ports.

Tk test the coolant to see if theirs carbon monoxide in it and do a cylinder leak down test.

Head gaskets not that hard to change. Retiming the bastard with 4 cam wheels and the crank is a different story.

cewing

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SWAGON
Don't be afraid to pay a mechanic to diagnose the issue for you. Testing a system probably takes more expertise than actually doing the repairs.

Omega08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve omega
Don't be afraid to pay a mechanic to diagnose the issue for you. Testing a system probably takes more expertise than actually doing the repairs.

Thanks cewing, I'll be getting it tested asap.