Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

08 Omega aftermarket Fogs lights

johnn28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hello could someone help me please,
I have purchased after Market Fog lights For a VE Omega,

This complete OEM style fog light kit is an ideal upgrade for cars do not have factory fog lights at an affordable cost.
The fog lights will improve visibility at night and during foggy conditions.
The standalone harness and switch allow you to control the fog lights independently whenever the vehicle is on. You can turn on your fog lights whenever either the low beam or high beam is on.
  • 2 x Fog lights with pre-installed halogen bulbs
  • 2 x Fog light bezels*
  • 1 x Wiring kit (harness and switch)
  • 1 x Installation instructions
  • 1 x Wiring diagram
* Fog light covers, switch and wiring kit may vary in car models. Some cars require to use pre-installed original wiring and switch.
CV418.png

Now tricky part is i couldn't find fog light plugs, so does anyone know if there are plugs for fog lights under the bonnet,
or do I use the new loom supplied,
And if i buy a SV6 Headlight switch with the Spotlights on it, how do i wire to the new Switch.
and where do I feed the loom from under the bonnet into the ignition area if i have to go that way,
Any Help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance....

whats up

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
[QUOTE
CV418.png

Now tricky part is i couldn't find fog light plugs, so does anyone know if there are plugs for fog lights under the bonnet,
or do I use the new loom supplied,
And if i buy a SV6 Headlight switch with the Spotlights on it, how do i wire to the new Switch.
and where do I feed the loom from under the bonnet into the ignition area if i have to go that way,
Any Help would be much appreciated, Thanks in advance....[/QUOTE] :)

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
you are looking at a reasonable amount of work to fit this
fog lights should not be used with high beam, it defeats the purpose

johnn28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
you are looking at a reasonable amount of work to fit this
fog lights should not be used with high beam, it defeats the purpose
I have all stripped down its just where do i go from here

johnn28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Take a look in the engine bay fuse box#F4
might be of some help to U.
There are tutorials around that I have seen
but can't tell where.
Cheers.
I will do that

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
On Omega's, there is no plug for fog lights. I've bought and installed exact same ones. To start with, you have to pull the front bumper out, ones you installed the lights, refit the bumper back on, then run the loom upwards towards the fuse box,from here on, look for + and - points, secure the little fuse holder, run cables inside the cabin, finally install on/off switch.

johnn28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
On Omega's, there is no plug for fog lights. I've bought and installed exact same ones. To start with, you have to pull the front bumper out, ones you installed the lights, refit the bumper back on, then run the loom upwards towards the fuse box,from here on, look for + and - points, secure the little fuse holder, run cables inside the cabin, finally install on/off switch.
Thanks for that i was hoping there was a way of using the Main Headlights switch using the pull out version from another model and hooking everything to that, but as a last resort i will do what you have done.
I am having trouble finding my way back into the cabin with the cable as i cant see where it goes through....