Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

08 VE Omega Stereo?? HELP!!

RotaryKing

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 60th Anniversary Omega
How hard is it to add a sub and speakers to a 08 VE Omega?

I have just bought one, and really want to upgrade the sound system.
A sub is the first thing i want, i have had a fusion encounter tube before and quite like them, or the next model up.
Im hoping i dont have to change the head unit, because that would involve putting it in the glove box etc.
And as for changing speakers i want to spend a decent amount of money on them and get quality ones.

If anyone has ANY pointers at all, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Cunningstunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Speak to ASR/Phreddy on this very site. He converted my SSV VE headunit and I've been very happy with it.

jarryd110

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
hey mate one thing you will find is that having a sealed boot means your bass will be reduced quite a lot compared to many other cars.
i have recently fallen in love with car audio and have changed everything possible in my ve sv6... one thing as the last guy said you will need to run converters as the car doesnt have the normal input/output... i had all my stuff done professionally as the way the ve is set up if you mess up the head unit will cost you big time!!!!

ambipure

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 ve 60th anniversary sportwagon
Getting my 've 08 omega sportwagon done tomorrow,soo excited.Just getting a fusion 4 channel amp,changing front speakers to vibe 6" ,splits ,2way,,keeping the stock headunit as they say it can muck with the electronics&stuff.Not certain what speakers i want in the back now i have a set of old Sony explodes taken from my v8 6yrs ago,I've read not to worry too much about rear speakers unless ur passengers like it loud&i have a partner&a5yr old that doesn't like it as loud as i do:)i getting 40%dynamat in all four doors..anything has gotta sound better than it does!! Any input wild be gr8,good or bad.

ambipure

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 ve 60th anniversary sportwagon
I have the finished product....not to happy.they had my car from 10am till 5pm when they said it wild b 3hrs.My first quote was $688 i was happy with that but then i decided against the rear old Sony and got vibes in the back,they where only $99,and somehow the price jumped to $923?.????? It sounds a bit tinny to me i like bass,what am i to do....nothing stuck with it now i guess unless of course i wanna spend more:(,

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
have you had a play with your equaliser? Thats what i like about older cars. its not to difficult to put an after market HU in. You could also try to bring up the bass thru the amp. Now i know some people might shoot me down in flames for this but i recently got a Boss audio 1250W amp to run my 2 500w subs. best thing about this amp is that it has tuning on the fly. By that i mean it has a box up front with a dial that you can use to increase or decrease the bass per song. this is also great because if you get it set base line with the front box low then you can crank it up as far as you dare or have it low down. have a look at the range online. the other advantage is that the boss audio has speaker lin inputs. i dont know how they did it in your car, if they put a converter in or used line inputs but either way shouldnt be to hard to put another amp in. let us know what brand amp and sub you finished up with.