Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

08 Ve Omega Won’t start.

KateC

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Ve Omega 60th Anniversary
Hoping someone can help.

Jumped in my 08 VE Omega this morning and it won’t start, but flashes through brake, ABS & traction control warning. Doesn’t even want a bar of kicking over.

Any ideas on what it could be? Haven’t had any of the lights ever come on previously and it has been running fine, was only recently serviced. Tried jumping it but that did nothing, didn’t even tick

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Don't know if you found a solution since yesterday, but I am wondering when you tried to jump start, did you have the other cars engine running with jumper leads in place say for 5 minutes or so before you tried to start your car? I have found this with my VX that if battery is flat I can't necessarily start it straight away after jumper leads connected.

Jimbotech

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V - l98
Could be a problem with the key, my VE did the same thing for awhile, everything was fine it just would refuse to even turn on the motor.

Sometimes i would have to try the key back and forth 100 times and it would finally let me start it.

Two things apparently fixed it, one make sure the gear lever (if its an auto) is firmly in park, apparently it can nudge up past the correct point and the car thinks its rolling or in gear or something.

2nd could relate to the key battery, try replacing the battery in the key or using a different key.

Might help