Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

09 SV6 ute flute blinlers.

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Toyota 105 series Landcruiser
How.do.I access the.wires.to my.fender flute blinkers, I've just purchased some new side mirrors with LED blinkers in them, and I've organised an auto electrician to help me install them, but in.order to.do so I need to remove my door trim, feed the wires through there and through the.grommet at the doors join, but then how do I get to the wires for the side blinkers so I can solder the new wires to them? Any help or.tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
He's a mate but he works on mine vehicles, hasn't worked on a car in years, and neither of us know how to access them wires so if anyone else could help out that'd be sweet :D

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Ah I see. Well you will probably need to take the front wheels off and take off the black cover inside the wheel arch. You might even need to take the quarter panel off.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
Just poke a coat hanger between the opened door and the wheel arch, it is just a bit of foam and then poke the wires through. That's how I did mine

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
The foam doesn't look like foam until you poke something through it!

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
65a1a4d9-ff36-4243.jpg

65a1a4d9-ff57-a942.jpg

Remove the screws in the bottom of your door and the handle. Pull the door trim up and off. Unclip the old mirror cover and begin feeding the wires through the door. Into the rubber grommet so you can't see the wires. The blinker lense just pops out (springloaded clip) . Feed the wires through the guard to the blinker wiring. Very easy job to do. If you after more photos let me know.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Also, if you are going to do this, run a few extra cables through the door trim to the interior of the car....
You might want to add Calais stuff like the door lights, the mirror puddle lamps, and (I have been told this will be a VF feature) automatic folding mirrors from a VF ???
(Folding mirrors are already fitted to the Buick Park Avenue aka Chinas knocked down VE Caprice, so the hardware is already out there for this)...

Having the wires there already makes life sooooo much easier if you want to add anything in the future !
Cheers

SV6 Matt

The Recov Cruiser
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow thanks heaps gottavecalaisv and Potta9, ill try Potta9's way but if i cant do it like that ill try your way gotta.
zerone_V, what do the lights and lamps look like that your talking about? ive never even heard of them.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Lets see if my website image linking code allows this....

image.php

The above picture shows the Mirror puddle lamp.
From the factory, this lamp has its own separate power source from the BCM, which switches the light on at night time, when the vehicle is unlocked.
(I.E. It does not switch on with the interior lamps)...
Having said that, it would be better to connect it to the interior light power source, as I cant see anything wrong with the puddle lamps coming on with the interior lights on.

The door lights are kind of hidden, and are located underneath the door if that makes sense.
They basically direct light to the ground when the door is open....

If you look at the following image, you can see the lamp assembly (Which is the same as the boot/glovebox/centre console bin) lamp assembly,
which again is the same plastic lamp lense thing that they have been using since the VB days. (So cheap as chips to source/buy)...
The lamp is located at the bottom of the trim, towards the end of the door.

image.php

If you have wiring for this, then you can add door handle and door pockets lights... etc... etc...

Cheers