Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

09 ve Omega Station wagon, rear door

Keith Luckman

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 ve omega
Hi everyone,, has any body got any idea how I am supposed to open the rear door when all that happens when I use the switch is a grating spinny type noise and the door remain closed but now the car thinks the door is open so when I lock the car the alarm chirps half a dozen times, and people think I'm being rude for sounding the horn at them ???? once again HELP please

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
Sounds like a new locking mechanism is needed,first thing thou. is turn the horn off when locking in the options/preference Menu.

kwaka738

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09 Berlina Sportwagon
I had problems with my 08 Berlina Sportwagon tailgate release switch which lead me to this post. My problem was a faulty switch (in the tailgate) that had to be replaced which doesn't sound like your problem but I did have to find out how to open the tailgate. Note my model was the previous one to yours so I'm not sure if this will help.

You need to be able to get into the back of your station wagon (via the rear seat) and (in my wagon) there was a rubber bung in the lower rear of the tailgate in the middle (to be clear this is inside the car). Remove the rubber bung and with a largish flat bladed screwdriver insert it into the slot (have a look with a torch first) and rotate it about 90 degrees (I think) and the tailgate will release.

This is a link to thread.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/boot-release-wont-work-on-ve-ss-v-sportwagon.123940/

(Note this is for the previous model and is only to help you release the tailgate to get access to it to do whatever you need to do.)

Hope this helps!