Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

09 VE SSV prices

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
g'day guys, first time posting as i shall be buying a VE SS in the very near future. coming out of a BA XR8, didnt like the boss engine at all so i'm jumping ship.

I'm after some advice on three cars that i am considering at the moment and how the prices are.
the first one is a 09 black ssv ute manual with 39,000km on it, the seller is asking $30,000. it has a couple of minor issues but i know the history of this ute well, it hasnt been thrashed so to speak but has been "used". also has an xforce system on it.
the second is a 09 bog stock white ss manual sedan with 8,000km on it, asking $29,000 for it. this car is immaculate however its not the v and has no options added to it.
and finally there is a 07 ssv manual sedan in burnt orange with 60,000km on it asking $29,000. i havnt looked at this car yet so i have no idea of its condition, looks straight in the pictures but they dont mean anything.

how does the price of the first two stack up? the ute seems like a good deal and shouldn't depreciate too much over the next year. is there anything i should look out for in these cars, common problems and the like? cheers in advance for the replys, Jacko

johnnyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v a6 v8
I would go the 09 built car/ute

I would recommend one of the 09 ones due to it having factory warranty .I got my 07 calais v v8 last year for $29000 and it had some warranty left and i got some things fixed like engine mounts ,timing cover leak ,blinker side light and some other stuff i had taken it in to look at auto trans slip which they fixed but also did other stuff .Total cost $0. and also check to see if car has been in accident sometimes low km cars for good prices have been in accidents also check if any money is owing on them to . The ute may have a better resale down track.Take your time and drive a few there are a lot around so getting a good one wont be too hard .

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
Yeah... Don't jump ship just when Ford trump every Holden/HSV engine with the new Coyote V8!

Yeh if I had 60 grand I would be buying a GS. But property is probably a wiser choice haha

Yeh at the moment I am leaning towards the ute for resale down the track, as I will only keep this vehicle for two years.