Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1.9:1 ratio rockers to suit Buick (non ecotec) V6's

vnmanual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 LE 5SPD 3.8
so far i havent had any probs ticking engine runs sweeter and smoother than ever and new exhaust system has opened her up also
the car is more pleasant to drive

my mates p.o.s 304 v8 vs ute (standard motor, big pipes extractors) gets beaten off the line to over 100k every time, hes not happy, i think the 304 is a piece of low compression mud, it does nothing exciting anywhere in the rev range then goes flat. (my 2 cents)
go the mighty buick!!

i'm still after other people reponses to the install of these, i'm curious to know other peoples results. id love to see a before and after dyno

cheers

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My rockers are fitted and i need to refit the intake manifold right after i deal to the sump full of petrol :eek:

i have no doubt that they will completely enhance the way the s1 runs. the s1 was always quicker from a standing start however it ran out of puff to quick. these rockers will have fixed that issue.

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
A retune would reap even better benefits after these rockers are installed right?

lowvpcal

Reaction score
Members Ride
E2 Maloo R8 #0422, Grange 255 ls1 #0036 & #0167
hi mace really sorry if this has already been asked but how much for a 93 vp v6 set and what does it include?

LX_HATCH

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX Torana-Hatch
I changed the oil to 20W50 and the noise was still occuring.

I have since left the Crow double valve springs on and put the standard rockers and pushrods back in and the noise disappeared.

Im over it for now and might tackle it again next week.

Regards Ryan

MACE

Reaction score
A retune would reap even better benefits after these rockers are installed right?

It certainly would :)

hi mace really sorry if this has already been asked but how much for a 93 vp v6 set and what does it include?

The price for the set is $585, including rockers, pedestals, pushrods rocker bolts and assembly lube.

I changed the oil to 20W50 and the noise was still occuring.

I have since left the Crow double valve springs on and put the standard rockers and pushrods back in and the noise disappeared.

Im over it for now and might tackle it again next week.

Regards Ryan

Ryan,

I certainly understand your frustration. I was very close to throwing in the towel myself with this product all together. Spent many many hours on developing the kit for them to make sure they work on all of this range of Buick V6 engines. There may be something I’ve missed with your build but I’ll be emailing a heap of questions which will certainly go a long way towards diagnosing the problem. I'm 100% we'll get the problem sorted :)

I had only suggested running thicker oil as the symptoms you communicated across (quite when cold, tappy when warm) may have indicated that oil pressure may have been a touch low for the lifters to control the extra force generated by the stiffer springs and higher ratio rockers.

Shown below is one of the problems we’d experienced when developing this product.

Yes that is a pushrod wrapped around the balance shaft due to a lapse in concentration when installing them :embarrass

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• 16062010215.jpg
    16062010215.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 16062010216.jpg
    16062010216.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 16062010214.jpg
    16062010214.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 221

LX_HATCH

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX Torana-Hatch
Ok Steve looking forward to your email.

I have some more questions too that I will ask via email.

Ryan

vc81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
Steve, to what surfaces does the assembly lube need to be applied? Thanks.

MACE

Reaction score
Ok Steve looking forward to your email.

I have some more questions too that I will ask via email.

Ryan

No probs Ryan :)

Steve, to what surfaces does the assembly lube need to be applied? Thanks.

Basically the assembly lube is applied to areas which make contact with the valve and push rod.

Cheers
Steve