Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1.9 or 1.98 rockers?

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
arr no worrie thanks for clearing that up for me. I was consern that i was missing out of a miner 1kw or 2 lol thanks again

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
i have a very early VY, october 02 it was built, so would mine have the casting issues or be ok cause it pretty close to the VX.

MACE

Reaction score
i have a very early VY, october 02 it was built, so would mine have the casting issues or be ok cause it pretty close to the VX.
From experience some have been able to get away with this, others haven't on some very early VY's, generally though we'd say no.

This aside, as a bolt on rocker upgrade they arguably make the most amount of power then anything else on the market.

The main reason is the non roller tip which increases the effective ratio per given amount of lift while the roller item reduces it's effective ratio per given amount of lift. And quite as a mouse dude to the revised lifter crush :)

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001

Take off the rocker covers and shine a torch down where the push rods go. You will see bits of metal casting etc protruding into the space. You need to place a strong magnet at the bottom(make sure you can remove it again hehe) to catch the bits you chisel off. If it falls down, it means heads off.

Last edited:

Timmay33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore
Looking at getting the 1.98:1s aswell.

I have a VX SII L36. Read somewhere that these may suffer from casting issues aswell, but most say it is ONLY the VYs.

Anyway, took my rockers out just to be sure and I think they look all good. What do other people think?
That is the best pick I could take.
When people say bast casting, its in the circlular hole that the push rod travels down in or it is in the triangular opening? The circular opening looks perfect to me.

bestview.jpg

MACE

Reaction score
Looking at getting the 1.98:1s aswell.

I have a VX SII L36. Read somewhere that these may suffer from casting issues aswell, but most say it is ONLY the VYs.

Anyway, took my rockers out just to be sure and I think they look all good. What do other people think?
That is the best pick I could take.
When people say bast casting, its in the circlular hole that the push rod travels down in or it is in the triangular opening? The circular opening looks perfect to me.

bestview.jpg

Hi Timmay33,

It's primarily only the VY's that have issues.

The Casting looks good. the triangular hole further down is the head gasket cut out for the push rod.

Can we use that picture in future?

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Bart

Timmay33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX commodore
Thanks.

Also, I am happy to let you use the picture.

Cheers for the reply.