Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1.9 or 1.98 rockers?

Ravage SA

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Executive S1
Hey guys I know this is an ancient thread but I'm new to cars and need guidance.

I've got the MACE 1.98:1 HRR with push rods for my 95' Ecotec. Just wondering what the torque down spec was, I'm hearing 23ft lbs but want to be sure. Thanks.

(Any other advice welcome.)

C

Czarface

I have an l67 top end from heads upwards as we have put an Ecotec bottom on coz we could not find an l67 bottom,anyway I’m running 10 psi and yella terra 1.7 roller rockers,we have had to put a set of ls1 pushrods in as they were only set to fit once we did the Ecotel/l67 hybrid..I’m upgrading to my Mace 1.9.8 ultra highs and I need to know if the 7.05 pushrods will fit or will there be a custom size I need? Easy way to explain is I blew the l67 bottom and now with the Ecotec bottom there seems to be a slight difference in length of pushrod we have had to use as the old l67 set don’t fit once we did the hybrid of ecotec bottom/l67 top..
it’s been tuned as it was a complete rebuild n runs perfect now but I want to go up with the rockers n need to know if anyone else has done a hybrid so I dont f%-k it up..Thanks

Lachlan3491

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
Can someone correct me if I am wrong but for a 97 vs ecotec if I only went to 1.9:1 ratio on the rockers can I use my original pushrods or would I need to get a kit with new ones? If so would the 1.98:1 be a better choice or no real difference?