Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1 nosiey lifter how to fix it on my ls1

pacey1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
hi to all i have just got my hands on a vy ss ls1 but has 1 nosiey lifter i think it is due to not many oil changes in its life how do i fix this prob. Thanks

ARATIC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hot House VY SS
You could try running some Nulon lifter free through it for about 1000-1500kms then do an oil change using the oil of your choice. Putting some engine oil flush before you drop the oil probably isnt a bad idea if you think its been neglected a bit servicing wise

pacey1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute
Yeah, i tried the nulon lifter free and it quietened down a fair bit. now i can drive on the motorway for about 20 minutes before it comes back then goes again and comes back. Yeah, and i'm going to try an oil flush and another oil change and i might have to do this a couple of times i think, as i'm just about to do a big cam and double row timing chain and bigger valve springs but really dont want to take the heads off at this stage to do the lifters. So i hope it works.

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
all LSx motors have the lifter noise problems. get a louder exhuast or get use to it.

i think a few people got rid of the noise by running a different oil. theres a thread here somewhere, try use the search bar.

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
the lifters sit on the cam if you are doing the cam the lifters must be changed or your cam will fail realy soon after!

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
Take the lifters off and sand them back so they a uniform again on the part that comes in contact with the pushrod.

rydogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
Try running a 10w-60 like mainlube, castrol edge,mobil etc.