Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

$10,000 engine mod budget

street_runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
so im buying the vs clubby and im wondering if anyone has some good engine setups for around the ten grand mark. this will all be happening over the next year or two and just like everyone else i want to squeeze as much as i can out of the engine after i fit the 355ci stroker kit (included in the budget) so i have about 5-7k left after the kit. what mods should i get? for sreet use btw :)

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Injected high rise single plane manifold, ported heads, decent exhaust and killer cam to top it all off.

How much work can you do yourself?

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
stock motor
gt42 or similar
custom pipes
china cooler
good auto and fuel setup
tune

...enjoy.

street_runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
i have a mate that can do everything so no probs there. explain to me the difference of a high rise manifold and a normal?

street_runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
and power dif :p

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Normal manifolds are generally dual plane, meaning not every runner is symmetrical in shape and not as free flowing due to their compact design. Most popular manifold for the injected holden engines is the harrop single plane, each runner is close to identical, have a much more direct air path freeing up horsepower.

Saying all that, a lot of advancements have been made in manifold design lately and there are high rise dual planes and all sorts of mix and match happening which are good compromises between outright power and streetable low down driveability

street_runner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
i want as much power as i can ****ing get :p so would a high rise single or dual be better?

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
At those power levels your gunna have to look at your driveline too. I would just blow.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Why not just purchase a Nicer car & then mod it... EG: A VS Clubsport is not worth spending 10k on in my opinion.

VY LS1 Calais
+ OTR, Extractors, Exhaust, Tune
225rwkw average.

VS Clubsport
Extractors, Tune, CAI, Exhaust
150rwkw Average

5k stroker kit will "MAYBE" get you to 200rwkw

Go a terracharger kit on the 304 if you want a VS Clubby, $6995 or something last time i researched, goot for 220rwkw average on 8-10psi, then exhaust, pistons, heads + more boost you should be able to pull a happy 300rwkw

Just a quick run-down..

5248_137576355008_533090008_2782364_2529908_n.jpg

dcx6rd.jpg

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Tell that to the guys with 9secnod VL's... you can play that card until the cows come home, there will always be a newer, better engine that you *should* spend you money on.

4Bangers get mocked and told to buy real cars
V6 Guys get told to buy a V8 cos its not worth the money
V8 (304's) get told to buy Ls1's
LS1 Guys get told to sell it and get an LS2
blah blah blah....

We should all just buy ####ing rocket ships and mod those cos nobody is going to be happy with anyone elses mods...

This isnt a stab directly at you Matt im jsut saying that (although you do it) people need to stop that stupid *upgrade* arguement.
...I'd much rather VN Lukes car than a stock VY Calais for example, muuuch more fun.

aZk.