Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

10 Stacker Eurovox CD mode with E99 error code

Doggiesway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
My VX Calais 10 stacker displays an E-99 error code after pressing on the CD mode. I have already contacted Eurovox before when this happened to me previously and they told me to pull the plug out of the back of the stacker unit. This resets the unit and all was well but this problem has occurred again and the procedure is not working this time.

Has anyone experienced this before, It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help as I am sick of listenig to the radio? :bang:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
its a pretty common failure, normally means the stacker needs replacing.

Rob

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
I've had it heaps of times on earlier units in VR/VS, and usually pulling the plug in & out of the unit itself a few times helps fix it - I've found corrosion from a damp boot to be the cause on most of them.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Press and Hold the On/Off button for 6 seconds, this resets it also. Try it. No harm.

Now I'm going to hijack the post. I too am having trouble with the CD Stacker. It just stopped working on the customer a few weeks ago. Now each time you switch to the stacker, the display Cd 8 Tr6....exactly where it stopped. I've tried reseting it. Nothing, there is power coming the lines. The stacker will load and eject the cartridge. Thats it. Something needs replacing but I'm not sure if the fault is in the HU or the stacker....or possibily even the cable. Any one have any ideas? I checked for voltage when pressing the disc change buttons but I didn't notice any changes, then the customer took the car away before I had time to check for resistance. Any help would be appreciated.

mycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Thanks Heaps, Hold On/Off for 6 seconds "Works"

Thanks heaps

Holding in On/Off button for 6 seconds worked a treat
CD stacker now works great.

After holding in for 6 seconds the screen on HU flashed then I could hear stacker re-load itself in boot.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
No Probs, glad to hear it worked. Next time, read your car manual, it's written in there. I'm surprised Eurovox didn't tell you to do that themselves.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
trunkrattler said:
No Probs, glad to hear it worked. Next time, read your car manual, it's written in there. I'm surprised Eurovox didn't tell you to do that themselves.
That trick doesn't always work with the E-99 error code. I had the same fault with the WHII Stato I was about to buy and resetting the microcomputer didn't clear the fault. I requested the dealer fix the stacker before I handed over the cheque (they ended up replacing it with a stacker from another WHII Stato in the yard - must have been something terminal). That error code probably goes along the same thinking as the E-04 "disc is dirty or upside down" code I had in my VS Stato. I disassembled the stacker and found that the drive motor wasn't spinning under load. Just like an EFI computer some stacker codes are symptoms not causes.

Mark.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Didn't say it was a fix all. But, it certainly cured this little issue.

It's true what you pointed out. If reseting doesn't clear any problems then it is time for a replacment.

Doggiesway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais
Thanks guys I have tried everything but I believe I'm in for a replacement:cry:

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I'd recommend you avoid replacing the stacker with another. I bought a replacement of ebay a year ago that had just been serviced. It worked perfectly for 2 weeks then the E99 fault code reappeared. Was a complete waste of $160. I know I'm an idiot for paying that but I didnt want to install a new CD H/U and the stock tape player will not run any other stacker on the market. In then end I thought "Stuff this" and bought a Pioneer H/U and later got the Pioneer 12 stacker installed under the parcel shelf. Have Never looked back :thumbsup: The Eurovox stackers will not last.