Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

100 Octane Fuel Released Today From Shell

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Shell today claimed a world first when it launched its new flagship 100 octane fuel successfully formulated with 5% ethanol - Shell Optimax Extreme. This creates a new 'super premium' petrol category for the Australian marketplace.

Scientifically formulated in Australia, the breakthrough fuel formulation uses 5% ethanol as an octane-boosting, cleaner burning component and is designed specifically to deliver a higher level of engine responsiveness, sharper acceleration and enhanced power in many modern and high performance cars. Shell Optimax Extreme also has the same engine cleaning qualities as Shell Optimax.

Shell Optimax Extreme has been positively tested in Shell's global laboratory in the UK and in Australia by industry experts including MoTeC and Dick Johnson Racing. Major car manufacturers in Australia have also recently endorsed the use of up to 10% ethanol blended fuel in their new vehicles.

We are proud to be supporting Australian ethanol manufacturers and contributing to the Federal Governments biofuels targets. Through the formulation with ethanol, Shell Optimax Extreme has a substantially lower sulphur and benzene content than the maximum levels set under the Federal Government's fuel quality standards. Ethanol is also a cleaner burning, renewable fuel component, which can help to reduce Greenhouse gas emissions.

The revolutionary 100 octane fuel will be manufactured at our Geelong refinery and is the first significant advancement in unleaded fuel technology since the introduction of Shell Optimax in 1999.

Shell Optimax Extreme will be available exclusively through selected Coles Express service stations in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
For technical information and service station locations, visit www.shell.com.au/extreme

I tried to post this in news updates but was not allowed so i hope here is ok.

Last edited:

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
but how many servos put ethenol in their bowsers illegely? ill use it i dont care i need a new car anywayz

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
You should get all those damn nasty old polluting evil cars off the road anyway...don't you know that we should all follow the oft-stated reasoning of car makers such as Mazda and Toyota who have, over the years, said publicly that cars older than five years should be off the road for the "good of the environment"? ...erm...not to mention the good of their profit figures... :D :bang:

100 octane hey? So we're finally starting to catch up to the rest of the world. Our fuel is, and has been, crap for years....far below the octane ratings of other countries...out "premium" unleaded is only the "standard" in most other countries. Italy has had 115 octane for years...I personally know one guy, and have read of more around the country, who own a certain model of early eighties Laverda triples (high performance Italian motorbikes) and they can't even drive them on pump fuel now. They have to use racing fuel of some sort or Avgas with additives and careful timing mod's, poor buggers.

IF, and it's a very big "if", it stays at 5% ethanol...well, that won't be much of a problem, but I still have very large reservations about trusting the petrol companies with exactly how much is going in the petrol...I would like to see written garantees about how much is there, and a statement from teh comapnies that they will cover any and all costs of vehicle damage resulting from ethanol use.

...and that'll probably happen right after the hole in my arse heals up... :D

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I really wouldnt use this **** fuel for an extra 2 RON .

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Its funny how all our car makers said to never use this ****, now they backflip realising they could make $$$ on all the parts. Most tuners i know would never put eth into an everyday car unless specific things were changed

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I agree.. i think i will be sticking to BP ultimate......