Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

100mm Crewman 2WD lift

dingo tim

dingo tim
Reaction score
Website
www.dingoseatcovers.com.au
Members Ride
vz crewman v6 s manual
Hi Guy's,
Had my crewman VZ V6 manual for over 12 months now. I bought it to transport my Quad often some distance over dirt roads, some fairly ordinary. Apart from both computers failing and the radiator dropping it's bundle it's been a great car.
I have lifted it 20 mm with kings springs, great spring rate which improved the ride but still not high enough for the low slung ally sump. Checked with ARB and they make a locker for the DANA 44 rear diff which means that it is possible to have a very capable rough country 2WD car if I can lift it and get 28" tyres under it.
So I contacted my local engineer in Townsville who advised me that a 100mm lift in-part from suspension and part from bigger tyres was doable as far as Qld DTMR compliancing is concerned.
Tape measure in hand I went looking for an all wheel drive Crewman or Adventra. It appears that the cabin front section and front rails are identical right through the VY VZ range. The difference is that the All Wheel Drives have their own front bolt-in subframe and suspension with a wider track and a bigger gap between the tyres and lower spring perch, enough for 28" tyres.

My question is has anyone tried bolting up an All Wheel Drive front end into a normal 2WD commodore/crewman or know of it being done?

Thanks,
Tim

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
There is a thread on here where a bloke converted a Monaco to be AWD using donor parts drop an adventura.