Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

110 km/ph in a 60 zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
Was it an obvious 60k zone?, If it was a roadworks or electronic sign that can lower the speed limit you may have a chance in court to explain you didn't see the reduced rate and plead your case. If it was a busy area that has always been 60 you will get what you deserve

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
hothousevn said:
He said 'oh i should impound your car' blah blah he didnt give me on the spot fine he said il get a letter in the mail, i was allowed to drop my mates home

He was swearing at me, i kept my cool though, it was only one officer in the car though
i
Seriously, i feel like... i cant describe it, i love my car, i spent so many hours on it already and had so many plans for the summer holidays, im prolly lookin at least a $500 fine? Maybe

Il try get it reduced. il try anything

what the hell, he was swearing? i would report him. are u allwed to drive atm?

when you get your letter, it will have a thing on the back (ive never been pulled over) but it should be a thing where you can appeal it, that's weird coz i thought anything over 30k is instant loss of licence, was he in uniform or unmarked? ive heard stories of coppas being smartasses and abusing people and saying there gonna be fined etc and then nothing happens. i dunno.
i know how you must be feeling, just wait for the letter and only worry when you need to worry.

digitok

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
Tell them you're doing a defensive driving course so that next time you're doing 110 in a 60 zone you'll know how to avoid an accident :)

Cheers

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
digitok said:
Tell them you're doing a defensive driving course so that next time you're doing 110 in a 60 zone you'll know how to avoid an accident :)

Cheers

actually, yes, theres this course you can do which can lower your sentence, i was talking bout it with a person i met on a cruise, defensive driving or something..... im not too sure
if you PM misaprop he can tell you about it hes in the same posistion

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
You will prob get a letter stating that in 28 days of getting caught you will lose your licence.Being a P plater your licence will be cancelled and you will have to sit it again.You may recieve a summons to go to court and be charged with dangerous driving(automatic 6 months cancellation)and expect a big fine also.
Forget about the cop swaering at you,if you complain he might think of some other charges to throw at you.
I dont know what state you are from but i live in Vic and have copped all of the above,and i would say that most states would have similar rules.
I have also never had been allowed to keep my licence so i can go to work.
Good luck and i hope you have learned something by it all.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
here is your answer mate... i asked about this in another thread

Troy711 said:
i dunno if this has been asked before or not, but is it true that if you are caught doing 45 kays and over that it is a criminal offence and that you go to court and it goes on your criminal record?

WAGON MAN said:
Yes its true..

helly said:
ROAD SAFETY ACT 1986 - SECT 65
Careless driving

65. Careless driving

A person who drives a motor vehicle on a highway carelessly is guilty of an
offence and liable for a first offence to a penalty of not more than 12
penalty units and for a subsequent offence to a penalty of not more than 25
penalty units.

There Ya Go!

does that answer your question? basiclly you are f*cked. and being a P plater they wont be easy on you, even if you have a perfect driving record.

so say hello to your new criminal record!

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
hothousevn said:
Seriously, i feel like... i cant describe it, i love my car, i spent so many hours on it already and had so many plans for the summer holidays, im prolly lookin at least a $500 fine? Maybe

Obviously dont love your car enough to look after it ey? Or to make sure it does not hit someone elses car. Well like some people on this post said, there goes your license, your money and your perfect driving record.

hothousevn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2 3.8L
Troy711 said:
here is your answer mate... i asked about this in another thread

does that answer your question? basiclly you are f*cked. and being a P plater they wont be easy on you, even if you have a perfect driving record.

so say hello to your new criminal record!

Thank the lord im still 17!

And yeh the cop did say something about driving in a dangerous manner and something about court.. Oh well.. Looks like i got 6 months to work on my car..

Thanks everyone

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
hothousevn said:
Thank the lord im still 17!

Why? Your record doesn't get erased when you turn 18 if that's what you're thinking.

I've done faster speeds in 60 zones (not bragging, but touching 170-180)... Never got caught, but now that I've got all the burnouts, driving fast and like a wanker out of my system I just go easy. There's no point speeding everywhere if it's gunna kill you one fine day.

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
This is how it works in NSW...

45k and over is a serious breach.. As for it being a criminal offence.. No.. But it does stay on your driving record. There is no court appearance needed, but remember this is considered as bad as drink driving.. If you do 3 offences you are considered a habitual offender and can look at jail time... But that is worse case..

You can appeal, but saying you need your licence for your job is not enough to overturn the decision. The judge will just say that you had your job before you were caught speeding, so your licence/job does not mean that much to you. And if the judge thinks that then he is right...

It is a very serious crime, and you might be able to attend a traffic offenders program to help reduce the sentance.. It was me that Christina was talking to about this stuff. As you are only on your P plates, the judge may want to make an example of you. Because you don't have much of a driving record you cant really use the "I am a good driver that has never had a fine" line of attack.

The police can take your car for this offence (so I am told) and they can also cancel your licence on the spot. But the cop has been nice enough to let you drive until your paperwork is processed. As for it being a $500 fine.. Not being rude, but you wish... Try more like $1550 as a fine + 6 points + automatic suspension for 6 months. This is the part where I repeat it is a serious offence...

Not sure what your appeal is going to be like. Most states have taken away the chance to appeal for some reasons. 1 of those reasons is suspension of licence due to loss of points (Yet again this is the case in NSW). If you are going to take it to court, then get a solicitor. It is always worth fighting because you could get a reduced sentance, or try and ask for a section 10 licence.. But given the fact you are a P plater, I don't thin the section 10 is an option. This is all information that you will be able to pay a solicitor to check into..

If you need further infrormation please feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.