Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

110 km/ph in a 60 zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hothousevn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2 3.8L
Im not bragging

In fact i hope everyone here abuses me

But last night i was pulled over while on the cruise doing 110 km in a 60 zone

A cop was behind me and it was only one cop

Im a P plater, ive never had any fines for speeding etc, what do youse think are my chances of losing my licence for 6 months?

I think i will, also how do you go about appealing for your licence? because i have a job in which i need my car for

What do youse think

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
bi bi licence, aint it if u do over 20ks more then the speed limit instant loss, and 4 the appeal i think u have to book a date with the court, then u will need to get a note of you bosse etc stating why u need to keep your licence

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
what did he say? did he fine you on the spot?
i was discussing this with someone a while back, you can take it to court and things can be taken into consideration. i would see a lawyer, it might be pricey but beleive me, they will know many tricks.

6 months is the maximum i think, you could probbably get it reduced.

however, i live in nsw... so i don't know about SA laws.

hothousevn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2 3.8L
Christina said:
what did he say? did he fine you on the spot?
i was discussing this with someone a while back, you can take it to court and things can be taken into consideration. i would see a lawyer, it might be pricey but beleive me, they will know many tricks.

6 months is the maximum i think, you could probbably get it reduced.

however, i live in nsw... so i don't know about SA laws.

He said 'oh i should impound your car' blah blah he didnt give me on the spot fine he said il get a letter in the mail, i was allowed to drop my mates home

He was swearing at me, i kept my cool though, it was only one officer in the car though

Seriously, i feel like... i cant describe it, i love my car, i spent so many hours on it already and had so many plans for the summer holidays, im prolly lookin at least a $500 fine? Maybe

Il try get it reduced. il try anything

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Best thing you can do is go and complete a defensive driving course or something like that. Then when your infront of a judge you can say:

Unfortuniatly it has taken this incident for me to realise that the way in which I drive is stupid and not only puts my life in danger but also the lives of my passengers and the other motorists using the road. I am now taking steps to improve my driving through defensive driving cources and also changing my own attitude to the seriousness of driving and realising the effects that hooning could have on my own and others lives.

Yada, yada just show that your sorry, might count for something.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
Spose its a lesson well learnt, if i was the judge i would make you do a defensive driving course so it might go in your favour to do one before court. As for the police officer i would report him as although your were breaking the law and being a idiot, he has no right you swear at you. Good to see your happy to cop it on the chin and hopefully we hear you never doing it again :)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
It may also backfire on you if you take it to court, I beleive (at least in nsw) that you can get fined more than the original fine. To be honest if I was the judge I would probably double the fine as lesson to teach you to take responsibilty for your actions and stop trying to weasel your way out outta stuff when you get caught and for wasting the courts time. But hey I'm not a judge and thats just my 2c.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
I know I shouldnt help you cos you are "bloody idiot " ... but cos the copper was swearing at you I think he's a real arse hole ..... OK, only 1 of him against you and your mates ... seems to me the balls in your court ... whats the copper's evidence of you speeding? was he in full uniform ( wearing his hat) ... in QLD you can get off fines if the copper's not wearing his hat ( not in full uniform) ... I think if you can find a good lawyer, he will get you off .... NEVER admit you was speeding...

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
I think you should just take the fine and suspension on the chin. there's no way a judge will lower your fine if you were doing near double the limit.
as for a work lisence, you will need to be heard in court, plead your case, show your sorry for being a young'n (read slundy's post) and hopefully the judge will let you have a work lisence, but be warned, if your caught drivin for any reason other than work, you're gonna be bent over

Status
Not open for further replies.