Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

12 volt sockets

hatzi2508

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais v
Hi Guys I have a VE Calais V
Does anyone know if there is any wiring somwhere around the dash to put another 12 volt socket in. The one in the arm rest glove box is too far to use a gps system. Also is the wiring in the boot still there even tho the boot plug was not optioned.
Thanks

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
there will likely be a loom at the front right of the center console for the smokers pack, which you can tap a 12v socket into

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If you are only running low draw items then why not just use a double adaptor, readily available from any auto shop. Heaps cheaper and a whole lot easier.

gjy46

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Yeah thought of this when ordering my new VE, so I insisted that I get the smokers pack free of charge installed!!! so now I have a 12 volt socket in the front for my gps and one in the center console where the passengers sit so i can connect a dvd player i guess. am i happy??? yessssssssssss

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
Aren't those suppose to be standered in all models ???? :confused:

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Smoker's Pack Easiest and Best Option.

I picked up my VE SV6 the week before Christmas last year, and headed off interstate for a holiday within two weeks. I found the single point a nuisance, as I wanted to run the GPS, one kid his portable DVD, another his I-Pod and then occasionally we had three mobile phones that might have needed a recharge.

Subsequently I bought a front and back Smoker's pack, but have yet to install it. However it looks easy and is covered by warranty. End result is three points, which should meet all needs with an occasional double adapter if needed for mobile charging.

By the way, I bought my pack from a Holden Dealer for much less than that Ebay price.

igo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Series II
Refer to my post under topic "Smokers Pack Install Help"
you will find directions on installation of smokers pack which indicates the wiring loom connector that is used to connect the smokers pack socket - you should be able to plug your active and earth leads from the socket into it using a couple of spade connectors

have fun

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
Go into your autopro or whatever and get a Narva 3 way connector housing set with terminals part No 56273BL. This will plug straight to the factory 'smokers pack' plugs. The terminals will be 12V, earth and illumination. Quick check with a multimeter will tell you which one.

johnnylord

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Ive got a VY SS and when plugging my phone charger into the 12v socket it plays on my electrics...radio turns off and on, dash does the same and at night at times my headlights cut out...

VERY ANNOYING!

taken it back to holden and they 'cant find a fault so wont put new parts in'.

any1 got a magic answer?