Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

12inch sub in long range fuel spot UTE

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
hi guys, i had time to stuff around and made up this box for my vs ute, which holds a 12inch. these pics are only of it half finished, as the lid slides on top, and also seperates the rear and front of the sub. i also used pvc piping to port it to the cab. and yes it goes hard! i will post the finished pics as soon as i can get them off my fone. cheers

Attachments

• subboxout resize.jpg
    subboxout resize.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,038
  • subboxin resized.jpg
    subboxin resized.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3,279
  • subboxsidein resize.jpg
    subboxsidein resize.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,560

techhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm Ute
If you've got any plans or diagrams I'd be interested in seeing them as, going to build one for myself in the next few weeks

STOKED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5ltr UTE
nice sub setup i was going to go there but put my battery in there instead..I am working on a kick ass install(plans ATM) but i will put up pick .I will be moving the fueltank and making that whole section into a box.I wouldn't mind the measuremants you have if you dont mind sharing
:whistling

Johnny_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute
I used a similar set up in VY only the 12" sub is mounted vertically. Might be a bit more depth in VY.

Works great and it keeps everything tidy.

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
Johnny_V said:
I used a similar set up in VY only the 12" sub is mounted vertically. Might be a bit more depth in VY.

Works great and it keeps everything tidy.
Do you have any pics of your set up please ?

Johnny_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS Ute
I didn't take any pics at the time and it is a pain to get it out again due to the tray liner.

I did find some pics on the LS1 forum when I was researching and as I said, it looked pretty much exactly like the one in this thread, only the sub is mounts vertically, so it presses up against the back wall behind the passenger seat.

I made as big a volume as possible in an "L" shaped box which equalled out to the recommended volume for the sub. I made it out of 18mm MDF, nailed and glued with liquid nails and then each join was sealed from the inside with a bead of liquid nails (had the tube open so thats what I used.) I lined the inside with some carpet underlay as a sound deadener.

For a $79 pioneer sub and scraps from the garage, its a tight arse way of doing it but it sounds good and does the job.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
i got a very similar set up im my ute and yes they do go off hey!!! got the exact same sub too sittin in there. id like to have a look at ur diagrams because your box is a bit better design than mine.

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
i got a very similar set up im my ute and yes they do go off hey!!! got the exact same sub too sittin in there. id like to have a look at ur diagrams because your box is a bit better design than mine.

i will take it out shortly and will share the dimensions
as if was a trial/error job i didnt really write much down
cheers

north kb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Ute
hay man, im in the prosess of doing the same thing. i put in my head unit, speakers and amp and now onto the sub
however im having trouble getting the measurments for the box, so id appreciate it if you were to find them out.
and also, is the box you made 42 litres, or a different size.
thanks mate