Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

12mm or 25mm spacer for vz

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
Would definatly recommend them mate,takes away the dullness below 2,000 rpm pulls hard from idle through to redline now, I didn't expect so much difference and for $150 mod ya cannot go wrong, will be driving to Sydney in a couple weeks so will be interesting to see if any gain in fuel economy as ive done that trip without spacer just a few weeks ago so will be able to give back to back difference,
I've kind of been toying about getting some as well , I see you have a VZ SV6 as well , so you would recommend them then ?? , and you obviously felt a difference in torque , which I've thought the SV6 has plenty , but the spacers must make a bit more .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Would definatly recommend them mate,takes away the dullness below 2,000 rpm pulls hard from idle through to redline now, I didn't expect so much difference and for $150 mod ya cannot go wrong, will be driving to Sydney in a couple weeks so will be interesting to see if any gain in fuel economy as ive done that trip without spacer just a few weeks ago so will be able to give back to back difference,

Are there any other mods in your car ? I have the Mace CAI on mine and thought the insulator might be a good addition . Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
I also have a SS inductions(growler CAI) but as for engine mods no nothing stock exhaust etc,I am looking into an exhaust but weary of sounding like crap
Are there any other mods in your car ? I have the Mace CAI on mine and thought the insulator might be a good addition . Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
I also have a SS inductions(growler CAI) but as for engine mods no nothing stock exhaust etc,I am looking into an exhaust but weary of sounding like crap

yep , problem with a V6 is getting an exhaust that doesn't sound like a wet fart .

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I put a cat back system off a hsv on mine. Sounds ok but dead quiet at idle and cruise. It's stainless and twin 2.25 and only cost $95, I've heard of people getting them for $1 off ebay.

MACE

Reaction score
Just a follow up I received the 12m spacers and fitted them today, could feel difference in torque gain down low straight away, Also temp on inlet manifold was a lot cooler, before spacer being fitted was only just able to hold hand on it without burning, After spacer it is only just warm after same distance drive(giving it some curry in second drive) Only problem I had fitting them was the instruction diagram on mace page is incorrect, in regards to the 6 bolts to undo, The mace pdf shows undoing the front bolts,where as you need to undo passanger side front and driver side rear, this did hold me up a little but very happy with product although shipping was very slow(2 weeks) and needed a phone call from me to sort out...
Thanks allen for your advice in here and the product
Thanks for taking the time to write us up constructive feedback. We do apologise for the delays that you've experienced, but am glad that you're happy with the product. Given your time and troubles we had refunded you your postage costs and have sent you a voucher.

I put a cat back system off a hsv on mine. Sounds ok but dead quiet at idle and cruise. It's stainless and twin 2.25 and only cost $95, I've heard of people getting them for $1 off ebay.
I’m quite a big fan of HSV exhaust systems, they work well, are cheap and don’t drone.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have just this very minute , well 5 minutes ago ordered a set of 12mm insulators for my VZ SV6 , I had a look under the bonnet , and looks like a fairly easy job , a lot less faffing about than the Ecotec insulators , looking forward to putting them on , and seeing how they go , I already have a Mace CAI on the car and reckon the insulators will give it a bit more go .
cheers Mace

Ian
AKA 665

TAILS83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Yeah pretty simple, the second time I pulled the manifold off I did it in under 1.75hrs including degreasing the whole manifold, cleaning the old gaskets off and removing the throttle body etc. Really is simple.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm going to clean the manifold on mine as well while its off , probably even give the runners a clean if they need it , I did the throttle body when I last serviced it so that's going to be OK . Did you need to replace the manifold gaskets on yours ? , or did the gasket cement supplied do the job .

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
I'm going to clean the manifold on mine as well while its off , probably even give the runners a clean if they need it , I did the throttle body when I last serviced it so that's going to be OK . Did you need to replace the manifold gaskets on yours ? , or did the gasket cement supplied do the job .

Whats the best way to clean your runners? and im guessing a crap-load of carby cleaner and a good scrub will clear out the manifold nicely enough?
Looking into getting the 25mm myself. Sounds like it has alot more gain than the 12, altho is it really worth the $70 difference?
Theres that and the whole Strut Brace clearance issue. Iv currently got a Notalthane Brace and I'm really hesitant to go the 25mm incase it doesn't clear, havn't found any supporting evidence online to say that it does either! anyone?