Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MkyHnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E 253 Project - BMW 328i Coupe Daily
just chuck the pics on photobucket mate ;)
and where abouts did you get the holden floormats? proud owner of a VT bermuda blue S pack too mate... but i have an A4 =(

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate, believe it or not i got the floor mats from Supercheap Auto! They do them made to fit for the VT/VX and also VY/VZ and probably other models so if anybody has a newer model and need some nice mats just buy them. Not sure about price for you but i would imagine they would be priced the same anywhere. I got them for $60 and they are really nice actually as apposed to the quoted $200 from Holden!

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nope unfortunately they dont have an emblem. But i was actually thinking about gluing one on or something if i really felt the need to have it. But for $60 they look good, they are just completely black but fit perfect. I actually have the ones to fit VY/VZ as they didnt have the VT ones when i bought them. Then 2 days later they had them, but i didnt bother swapping them as i'd already used them and they fit fine anyway. So if you go buy them, you can get VY/VZ if theyre out. Hope this helps :)

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
nice mate, you should remove the mud flaps and also paint that extra little lip bit to match, i did it on mine and it looks heaps better

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
nice mate, you should remove the mud flaps and also paint that extra little lip bit to match, i did it on mine and it looks heaps better

Yeah i didnt think about that. I have some paint left from when we resprayed the door handle and the spoiler. I had it put into an an aerosol, thanks for that. And with the mudflaps i'll have to take them off and compare and see what i think but thanks for that :)

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
Yeah the clutch burnt out about a week ago and i've only had the car about 3 weeks. But as far as i know its the original clutch so 159,000kms out of the original clutch is quite good i would of thought. When we bought the car my Dad said it would need replacing. Apparently he could of got another 6 months out of it, but being a young driver with his first Commodore, i kinda got excitied and killed it. It has the duel mass flywheel so im looking at $1100 just for the clutch, then labour on top of that. Thats a quote from a mechanic my dad knows very well even! But ive already saved $200 and im hoping Centrelink doesnt take all my taxback, if they dont im looking at another $600 towards the clutch

Also i've just changed what i plan to do in the future on my first post. Obviously its going to be a much longer wait now but theres some more interesting ideas on there. They may even give you an idea for your VT. Yours has given me a few ideas

yea mate i was the same when i got mine, though it is only an auto, good for cruising though. if you are after a sey of black altezas for the VT i know a place that has a set of them, they are located in Beeneigh got my VY windscreen plastic part thingy from there and spied them in the corner, i can get you there number if you are interested. i like the debadging idea, as well as the digital cluster, how do you think that will be done? custom work i assume? would look wicked. what were you thinking of for custom plates?
mudflaps off looks smoother, but when you get on the dirt/mud for what ever reason you take it there, the dirt and rocks and crap all go on the side. but that is the only downside to it, when i get my rear bodykit ill be getting rid of my mudflaps sick of putting them back on when i go to my mates lol

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea mate i was the same when i got mine, though it is only an auto, good for cruising though. if you are after a sey of black altezas for the VT i know a place that has a set of them, they are located in Beeneigh got my VY windscreen plastic part thingy from there and spied them in the corner, i can get you there number if you are interested. i like the debadging idea, as well as the digital cluster, how do you think that will be done? custom work i assume? would look wicked. what were you thinking of for custom plates?
mudflaps off looks smoother, but when you get on the dirt/mud for what ever reason you take it there, the dirt and rocks and crap all go on the side. but that is the only downside to it, when i get my rear bodykit ill be getting rid of my mudflaps sick of putting them back on when i go to my mates lol

Well with personal plates, as you know they are rip off in QLD. At first im getting the black with white or silver text $450 ones with "RDW92" which are my initials and D.O.B. Then when i got a spare $2000 i'll get prestige black with white letter plates with "WHERRY". I'll have to pass on the lights until i've got the clutch which wont be for atleast a month or more. Then i can start saving for stuff again! I like the VX taillights that are lots of little LED red bulbs. But first i want those black front headlights with the black background that have angel eyes. They look mad

Im debadging mostly because once its VX the VT badges wont suit it. Plus some are in tatty condition and its missing one "V6 Ecotec" badge which i noticed the other day. So im gonna get the VX badges, im contemplating getting the S pack badges, or risking getting the piss taken out of me and badging it as an SS. I know it may sound dumb but i thought it would look cool, it will pass for one on looks and it sounds like an 8 anyway in the low range revs i reckon. I've never heard another VT with the same sound as mine

I wont be taking off the mudflaps now as my Dad said they are useful so dont take them off. It doesnt bother me anyway, i spray tyre wall black on them when i do my tyres and they look good. With the cluster i think you mistook me. I could re-do the whole dash with some racing dials from like supercheap, like those Calibra ones, with the red backlight, black background and cool font. But that means cutting out a whole new shape its not worth it. I was going to just change the LED's in the level 3 cluster i have. So basically i can make the needle red, the whole speedo and rpm reading light up with whatever colour i want (preferably blue or red) instead of the boring green all Holdens have. Change the "KPH and RPM" writing above it to say yellow and my fuel guage could light up green. It will just cost the price of LED bulbs which all up is like $5 and then swap them over. I already have a engine start push button that lights up red when u push it. My friend is an electrician, he will do the neon and LED strips under the pedals and seats, the engine start button and the cluster lights. He just fitted his engine start button to his civic, mounted it in the dash. He could even make it work without a key but thats abit thief friendly!

Wherry951

PROJECT UNDERWAY
Reaction score
Members Ride
yessss mate your car will look MINTA with those VT GTS's :)

Thanks mate, yeah im more in favour of those at the moment. And they would probably work out cheaper than getting thin spoke deep dishes brand new from Bob Jane. Hopefully i can get them for christmas

LthlThrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VU II SS
i think the tailights you are referring to are monaro tailights, they are very nice though arent they, when you do that be sure to get rid of the VT garnish, ive seen people that leave the garnish on and it look horrible. now i am following you w/ the dash. i am waiting to have enough money saved to send my dash to phreddy, are you going to do the cluster or the whole lot? (headlight button, window switches etc.) its just my opinion but i wouldnt go with the SS badges,upgrading to the VX S badge would be fine but to an SS might look a bit out of place especially if you try to drag another one off the lights, also the cops will pull you over alot more w/ the SS badges, purely because you are on your p's. but as i said that is just my opinion. yea they are a rip off arent they, the black altezas do look good as, when i was buying VZ headlights i made sure to get the SS version much tougher looking. will be good to see the dash that you are planning. blue would be the better option ive been told that the red at night is really harsh on the eyes.