Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

14,000 holden commodores to be recalled for brake issues?

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
On Sky News 11/08/2022 last night across the bottom of the screen was the above message.
Anyone know about this?
Fake news?
Or is this a re-run of the earlier EPS's from the 2013 - 2017 era?
These days you cannot believe anything you see on TV particulary on channel 7 and Sky News with "BREAKING NEWS"!!!!!!!!
The above was not "BREAKING NEWS" it just appeared on line below about some fellow raving on about Energy prices.

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
On Sky News 11/08/2022 last night across the bottom of the screen was the above message.
Anyone know about this?
Fake news?
Or is this a re-run of the earlier EPS's from the 2013 - 2017 era?
These days you cannot believe anything you see on TV particulary on channel 7 and Sky News with "BREAKING NEWS"!!!!!!!!
The above was not "BREAKING NEWS" it just appeared on line below about some fellow raving on about Energy prices.

dont watch sky as it will rot your brain like meth and the recall is for the insignia not the commodore ;)

Last edited:

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
‘Sky news‘! That‘s got to be some sort of oxymoron.

I’m not sure why people pay to view confected-outrage-opinions?.
It is free-to-air...we only pay for the electricity to watch.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The message said Holden Commodores....I respect your reply about the Insignia...so there you go...Sky News cannot get it right...typical of TV....

Nah, they got it right about the Commodore recall. Discussed at some length in the ZB thread (sorry, my browser isn’t allowing me to paste the link atm!).

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The message said Holden Commodores....I respect your reply about the Insignia...so there you go...Sky News cannot get it right...typical of TV....

The recall is for ZB.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
it was for the zb commodore(insignia) but around here it is taboo to call it a commodore :p
it does not effect the vf commodores so you are all good.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Insignia was a decent car … Holden’s mistake in calling it a Commodore was the same mistake in calling the Monaro a GTO in the USA.
Monaro was a much better car than anything which wore the GTO badge, but putting a GTO badge on it had a terrible effect on it’s sales …