Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

14 month old Redline or SV6 thats been sitting around

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I was going off your comment that they hold customers accountable for servicing on time, not just distance, so should hold themselves similarly accountable.

They only hold customers accountable on time from the date of first registration. There’s no reason to suggest they’d expect any more out of themselves.

But I agree, should vehicles be sitting around in open yards for an extended period, then some level of maintenance should be adhered to.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I was going off your comment that they hold customers accountable for servicing on time, not just distance, so should hold themselves similarly accountable.

If that is the case and they do in fact complete those services, then why wouldn't they stamp the service book, thereby providing the proof of such maintenance as you proposed.

If the service stamp shows nominal kms and reflects the odo, I don't see how it would make the vehicle appear 2nd hand.

The astute purchaser would take more comfort in the fact that the dealership has gone to some effort to maintain the vehicle in an as new state rather than letting it deteriorate.
I wasn't proposing anything, just presumption that what's good for the goose is good for the gander (from a maintenance perspective).

I have noticed with new cars, sitting in a show room, that some have paperwork in the glove box related to battery maintenance. But i've never received such paperwork when buying new cars. Guess the dealers consider such as in-house dococumentation and pull them from the vehicle as part of dealer delivery process ;) On that basis i'd again presume that theyd act the same way with other in-house preventative maintenance while the vehicle sits on the lot waiting to be solved.

As for a vehicle appearing second hand, some hate to even see 5kms on the clock of their new vehicle, so imagine how they'd feel if they saw it had been serviced (via a stamp in the owners manual) and the car had many more kms on the clock... It may bother them...

I'd prefer the knowledge that any vehicle was well looked after while sitting on a lot for 14 months (which is guess is what Banjo is trying to resolve before stumping up some cash).

Hm, the thought of dealers (of all brands) holding them selves accountable just boggles the mind :cool:o_O

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
VXR is certainly better than the VF SV6. Although the VF looks better you will love the way AWD drives on the road. I had one for 3 nights the other week. Very nice car.

I don't mind the look of the ZB in VXR guise. The seats in the VXR are damn sexy and damn comfy... it's just that the car's too small for my needs and... it's an Insignia. Reckon I could do a second hand ZB VXR as a second/ run-around car though.

Getting a little off-topic but... :)

Last edited:

Mayuri Krab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SSV Redline, Mitsubishi 380 ES
They should be at least stamping the service book, no ?

My service book indicated my car was overdue for its 45k km/27 month service by about 4 to 5 month from sitting at the yard.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
My service book indicated my car was overdue for its 45k km/27 month service by about 4 to 5 month from sitting at the yard.
Hope it wasn’t a new car sitting on the lot for over 2 years :eek:

I’d assume you’re talking of a second hand car that had been sitting in the yard for some time before you bought it. Assuming it still had factory warranty left, the issue is whether the service was missed by the last owner (bad owner) or the dealer who and not serviced it when due and they still had possession of it (bad used car dealer). In either case your factory warranty may be toast if not done within the required km/time + the allowable margin (the time margin is 90 days but forget the km margin) :oops:

And if it has 3 year factory warranty, doubt you’ve lost much as likely you can rely on ACL despite the dealers poor servicing.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I suspect they would have borne a very strong relationship to the ZB, undoubtedly with a V8 option of some description however.
Yeah Holden have said it would effectively have been an Insignia, except built here & probably with a few different parts due to local supppliers.
V8 would’ve been unlikely, but I suspect turbo may have been a Thing, potentially only (or at least initially) with the HSV versions; hybrid too.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was going off your comment that they hold customers accountable for servicing on time, not just distance

Yep, as much as it grates a bit, I took the Senator in for its 9mth/15000km service today.....with 5100 on the clock...:confused:

I just keep telling myself that the oil was probably getting old after that time frame....maybe I might sound convincing eventually lol...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 would’ve been unlikely, but I suspect turbo may have been a Thing, potentially only (or at least initially) with the HSV versions; hybrid too.

You're probably right regarding the turbo as the insignia has no V8 pedigree at all

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Getting a V8 shoe-horned sideways into it would’ve been ... problematic. :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Previous model Insignia VXR was a 2.8ltr V6 turbo 4wd with really nice seats, an ugly front (IMO), great front brakes (supposedly it was these brembos that were ported to MSE) but as I understand torque and power was limited to protect the auto. From memory it wasn’t costly at mid 40’s and even lower during its last days...

If the desire was there, the commodore VXR could have been more, much more.