Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

15" Tyres

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
Hi all,

I am due for a new set of tyres on 15's and a wondering what you guys are running/recommending, currently i have yokohama A Drive 205/65 R15's on, I have decided that I am going to go to 215/60R15, but am wondering what people are using.

I know this isnt a great tyre size for performance, but i would like to get the best i possibly can. I am looking at going to yokohama C Drives ($149 each) in the 215's but what else would you recommend for tyres in that size that are decent.

Thanks
Matt

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
im running 16's but i use bridgestone potenza adrenalin's, they run heaps better than my old falkens

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
ask your supplier about a tyre called JINYU . great deep tread, soft quiet ride.

Also Michelin XM1's are a good tyre. ive had 2 sets and got atleast 70 thou k's from both sets

stick to the size 205/65/15

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I had C Drives on my VL for years, they wore well and had good grip in the wet and dry.

schrinky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Executive 9C1
ive been doing some more reading, narrowed it down to the c drives or the potenza 001's, both the same type of tyre, Rhin0o8, why you say stick to the 205's? the 215's will look a bit better and offer a bit more of a contact with the road

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
these are a cheap tyre, but seriously i have spent thousands over years on tyres and couldnt recommend these tyres more, get bridgestone supercats